Guages! ASAP!

xplo89gt

Founding Member
Jul 14, 1999
Boston, MA
Lately I have been noticing my temperature guage is reading rather low. It is barely making the first line mark which I assume is around ~160F. I'm getting a little bit worried because I really like to know exactly what my temperature is.

So anyways I think I am going to get some autometer guages. I like the Ultra Lite style. I am going to get a temp guage and an oil pressure gauge. Does this sound good?

I am going to get a vent mount and put them in there. 1, I have no A/C so does air even flow out of those vents? 2, what size guages do I need?
3, and the most important question, what's the difference between mechanical and electric?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I think the guages are 2 3/8s but I could be wrong.. mechanical guages you'll have to run an oil line in your car.. electric guages work off electric sending units like factory guages and you just have wires comming in the car.. alot better IMO

The gauge cage you are talking about for the center A/C vent location is made to house 2 5/8 gauges. You can choose from dual or triple gauge openings. As far as I know, there is not a 2 /16 gauge cage available, at least for the moment..

Alan

Ok, getting ready to order.

Gauge, Ultra-Lite, 2-5/8" Oil Pressure, 0-100 Psi, Electrical

Gauge, Ultra-Lite, 2-5/8" Water Temperature, 100-250 Degree, Electrical

Are these ranges good? Just want to make sure.

Also at the last minute im having trouble to decide which guage pod to get.
The one with vents or no vents? I don't have A/C, so if a/c is the only thing that goes through there (can't remember...) then I guess I should get the one with no vents?