Guess my E.T.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I finally got down the track tonight, but the track temp was 54 degrees and was terrible. It has rained so much that water was seeping up through the concrete. Mustangs with drag radials and ET streets could not get under a 1.9 60'. A guy with a new R/T Challenger with a temp plate hit the wall and Z06 got so crossed up in second gear he came over the center line and hit the timing blocks. Anyway with my street tires the best run of the night leaving just above idle and rolling the throttle on then shifting into second slow and rolling the throttle slowly again to prevent massive tire spin was a 13.415 @ 108.47 MPH. Big MPH for a CAI, dyno tune and 4.10 gears. I would guess with a high 1.8 60' and being able to use full throttle in 1st and 2nd I should be able to get it in the 12's fairly easy once the track improves.

R/T .010
60' 2.027
330' 5.740
1/8 8.722
MPH 84.74
1000' 11.278
1/4 13.415
MPH 108.47

Not bad given the poor conditions. If I saw several cars with traction problems, I don't know if I'd even take mine down the track! Your speed is definitely there for 12s! They will drop slightly with better traction, but still enough for 12s. My 12.922 was at 105.75. Good luck in the future and keep us posted :nice:

My weather station said the density altitude was 21 feet above sea level. Great air, lousy traction but still fun. I was laying down rubber on the 3rd to 4th shift. Sounded cool but definitely an indication to the slick conditions.

Wow, Marc! 108+ trap speed is excellent. Gotta love being close to sea level with good air. Should be easy high 12's with proper traction. It's gotta be that magical tuning by John at the HP Ranch and your great driving. Can't wait to hear about some 12 second timeslips out of your car. I haven't made it to either track yet this season (PR or Bremerton), but am itching to!

The track was much better last night except for the 15 MPH head wind. No 12's yet, need a little better 60' from my street tires or 28x10.5 slicks. :^)

RT .001
60' 1.824
330 5.373
1/8 8.332
MPH 83.96
1000 10.891
1/4 13.028
MPH 107.93

wow. That trap speed is very impressive. Clearly the weak point in the equation is traction. How was the traction this time? Did you spin at all off the line? Did you do a burnout in the water, or dry? What was your psi in the rears?

Can I say I called it? 13.028 rounds to 13.0

trap speed was way off though. Whats up with that? I think their track is too long. :p

nice reaction time. Thats professional.

The reaction time was luck, I did have a .010 and a .011 though. I did a 1st gear power brake for about 5 seconds. Rev it up, dump the clutch and then put your left foot on the brake to keep the car from moving. I stayed out of the water and the tire pressure was 25PSI. I launched at 3,000 RPM's and slipped the clutch out for about 20 feet. I had two 1.82 and a 1.84 60' launching like that. The tires rotated all the way through first but did not spin excessively. I am not sure why the car's MPH is so high. The other S197's with the same mods that night traped 103-105. When I raced them, I was side by side until 4th gear, then I pull away. The traction was very good, there was a super comp race today so there was a lot of dragster laying down rubber across the starting line last night.

hmm, well thats interesting. Your launch is exactly like mine. I am on street tires as well, and I can avoid wheel spin 100%, but I am also on the stock 3.31s, and I am in Denver so really there is no comparison. I just mention it to make conversation.

I am just guessing here, but maybe your car is somehow slightly more aerodynamic. At the end of the track air resistance is going to play some factor in slowing you down, and if you are slightly more sliperery than the other S197s, that could give you another 3-4mphs at the end...

maybe.

I would think it would have to be pretty obvious difference. Spoiler Delete?

Anyway... Nice car!

Two weeks ago I had no spoiler and I ran 108.4 MPH. Last night I had my GT500 spoiler on it and it ran 107.9 MPH but there was a 15+ MPH head wind. It does sit pretty low with the H&R race springs, maybe thats the difference.