Guess we're not the "Last of the 5.0" anymore..

nmcgrawj said:
Wasnt the new edge boss they had a v10? I bet that made more than 370hp...

Yeah that was the Hurricane motor that Ford ended up cutting. That thing had 4 mufflers and made over 600 horsepower. I saw a video of that thing running at a dragstrip in Michigan. It sounded nothing like those crappy Viper V10's.

• Sponsors (?)

Yea, not to get further off topic but those Vipers sound WEAK!! I have heard enough of them to know. Sounds more like a earthworm. I was disappointed. 50% of the reason I bought the Mustang was the SOUND. Not kidding. I have had many cars and it is the best sounding car I have ever heard. The 4.6's are the only car that sound better I hate to say.

Pokageek said:
Yea, not to get further off topic but those Vipers sound WEAK!! I have heard enough of them to know. Sounds more like a earthworm. I was disappointed. 50% of the reason I bought the Mustang was the SOUND. Not kidding. I have had many cars and it is the best sounding car I have ever heard. The 4.6's are the only car that sound better I hate to say.

I agree, the 4.6L has a lower pitch or something. At the NMRA races you can always tell when the Modular muscle class starts running from the sound.

94MustangGT5.0 said:
I have to disagree, the Boss 302 was never built to cut down the big block muscle cars of its time, it was built for Trans Am track racing. And, how can you say that 370 HP doesn't cut it... did the '03 Cobra's 390 HP not cut it either, not to mention this being a N/A car. Right now, anything >215 would appeal to me. :) In a time where gas prices are skyrocketing by the week, I think Saleen made a bold move to create this car, and I applaud his efforts. Now, I do think that Saleen should also come out with a "bigger" Boss and then let his imagination run wild to entertain the automotive industry, and I would like that just as much as anyone. But 370 HP for this car is awesome, especially after hearing some of the times the '05-'06's are turning stock with 300 HP. Anyone have any idea what the price tag will be? I expect nothing under $45,000 because it is limited edition and all.

I agree with everything you just said.