H/C/I install preparations

U2SLO450

May 27, 2006
Well im ready to order some more of the things ill be needing but im not exactly sure what i need. I already have a set of gt40p heads with 1.94/1.54 valves and .550 lift springs, cobra intake kit (i think i still need one of these gaskets, intake to head maybe? and a e-cam (everythings new in boxes:D ) I'm going to buy new lifters, a new water pump(should i get high flow?), and a 70mm throttle body. I know i need a gasket for the throttle body and one should come with the water pump. What else do i need before i can start? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Headgasket
Fuel Injectors preferred (24lbers) with matching MAF. Upgrade the fuel pump, possibly a 155lph.
Intake gasket (head to intake)
Thread Sealer for lower head bolts
Assembly Lube (some use oil) for cam/lifters
A couple changes of oil/filter
Timing cover gasket
Harmonic balancer puller
New headbolts
Header gaskets

I know there are more but that is what came to mind real quick...

Good Luck!

No need for highflow waterpump

Headgasket
Fuel Injectors preferred (24lbers) with matching MAF. Upgrade the fuel pump, possibly a 155lph.
Intake gasket (head to intake)
Thread Sealer for lower head bolts
Assembly Lube (some use oil) for cam/lifters
A couple changes of oil/filter
Timing cover gasket
Harmonic balancer puller
New headbolts
Header gaskets

I know there are more but that is what came to mind real quick...

Good Luck!

No need for highflow waterpump

Good list. I would also do new pushrods and a timing chain while your in there. I also used antisieze on the tops of my head bolts, and the top head bolts. Used thread sealer on the bottom of the bottom bolts. Other than that, your intake to head gaskets, upper to lower gaskets, egr and tb gaskets, and head gaskets along with the water pump and timing chain ones should set you straight.

Good list. I would also do new pushrods and a timing chain while your in there. I also used antisieze on the tops of my head bolts, and the top head bolts. Used thread sealer on the bottom of the bottom bolts. Other than that, your intake to head gaskets, upper to lower gaskets, egr and tb gaskets, and head gaskets along with the water pump and timing chain ones should set you straight.

Nice additions;)

yeah i plan on ordering a new timing chain also i just forgot about it

I used the cork, and it worked fine on my first go round install? :shrug: Stock heads though. This go round I didn't have that option so I permatexed it. Works fine too.

Plan on ish to go wrong, and take longer than you thought lol. One thing I found is that if you take the battery out, you can set your power steering pump in the tray without removing any lines. Pretty sturdy and out of the way over there. Mine leaked there though, so leave ya some rags.

Also, study your accessory brackets very well. It took me a while to figure out how in the hell they go, and I never found any pics to help. If you still need help putting em back on, I'll snap some pics or try and word it for you.

Other than that, bag and label everything you take off. Label the harness too unless you know it well. The injectors are easy to figure out (don't worry about labeling those), but even though it can be figured out, it just makes life a bit easier on the assembly.

Good luck and if you have any questions drop a pm.

EDIT: Oh yeah, 5spd gt wrote an EXCELLENT install guide for the job. I didn't follow it to the letter, but I read through it several times beforehand, and used it quite often as a reference. The job sounds more menacing than it is, but it isn't a cakewalk either.