H/C/I questions

Been looking into cams and am pretty much decided on Comp Cams Xtreme, but not sure which one. I am looking at the XE266HR, XE270HR and XE274HR. Which one do you guys think would be best if i'm running NA, but will probably add a vortech (10psi) in the next year or year and half. Which one would run the best in both situations?

Anybody have an opinion on Trickflow vs Edelbrock performer intake? I have a Trickflow intake already, but am looking at edelbrock performer heads on evil bay and wondering if I should match up the intake which the same guys also has for sale?

Anybody running Canfield aluminum heads? There is a brand new set for sale on evil bay but the seller won't respond to my ?'s. He says there 7 years old but brand new, should I risk it if he won't respond? Right now the heads are at $690.

Thanks for any help!:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I run the Eddy small valve heads/xe270hr-12/typhoon...going against the recomendation for 1.7rrs for the cam and using 1.6 numbers were 317/345 with ALL the boltons and SCT tune. There is a little more valvetrain noise than stock but generally quite, nice lope....and as you can see by my dyno sheet in the sig good AVG torque and hp number (as important as peak numbers for a street car IMO.). Though if you're adding boost then all above info is moot....I am not certain if the combo is boost freindly.

what's up with only Canucks responding to my posts? J/K:canada: I was born and raised in Detroit, MI so I got much love for my hockey playin, beer drinkin neighbors to the north!:D

It's gonna be atleast a year (maybe more) before I can come up with money for a blower. What kinda performance will the cam give me until then? Which one were you referring to? XE264HR? XE274HR? I don't wanna go any bigger than that.

I like the XE 274 I have in my 351w. which trickflow intake do you have? From what I have read trick flow makes a good product and I don't think that it is nessesary to match intakes and heads up. For instance the holley systemax II intake is great but IMO there are better heads out there then theres.

Not sure whether TFS intake is street or track heat. Looking to use either TFS TW Heads if I can find a nice set of used ones or AFR 165 if I gotta by brand new.

DMAN302, do you have any 1/4mile times for your car?

BlueCobra, have you run your XE274HR cam w/o a blower?