H-pipe HEAVEN

olymaster

May 15, 2005
columbus ga
ok got my offroad h-pipe
and let me tell you its sounds so sweet
its mean its scared my neihbors 4 year old son
and major power increase i believe because i cant hook up off thestart like i used to now
its so BAD ASS
i love it i love it i love it
recommend for all! :banana:
how much hp gain do you think i would have gained with the offroad hpipe vs the stock h-pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

i love the sound its mean mean mean
way better than that stupid cat stock rusted crap
i cheaped out and got the one from summit and let me tell you didnt have much of a tough time.
figured out the trick right away and actually got in on faster than i got the stock off
fyi

The off road H pipe by itself was worth 8rwhp and 10rwtq on my stocker.
This was compared to brand new 2-cat H pipe.

If your stock 4-cat pipe was old, and used up, and the cats were all junked up, it could have been worth a tremendous amout of power...

American_Muscle said:
Do you have bbk shorty headers?

I've been wanting to get that h-pipe as well but they say it's for shorty headers and those are a PITA to install.

BTW..got a sound-clip?

Shorty headers are pretty easy to install. In fact most H pipes that I know of will bolt right up to the stock headers on an 87-93 not sure about earlier models. Had an o/r H on my 91 with the factory headers. bolted up just fine

Haven't ever had LTs on one of my stangs so I cannot give you first hand experience.

I had them on my 71 Challenger and they sounded great. It was so long ago that I can't tell you the sound difference though. Doesn't really help much does it.

I do know that LTs have certain power gains over shorties. You might want to do a search and see. If I am not mistaken you will pick up torque with LTs vs. shorties on the same set up. Could be wrong though. It has happened before. Once. :D

im glad to hear of another h pipe member all ive been reading on stangnet is x pipe this blah blah blah people who have h jsut like because they have it, bs, bs. its nice to know somebody else has a tru mustang exhaust sound. yea you read it. i said it. im running equal length shorties with o/r h and 40's deltas wouldnt want to have it any other way

cleanLX said:
The off road H pipe by itself was worth 8rwhp and 10rwtq on my stocker.
This was compared to brand new 2-cat H pipe.

If your stock 4-cat pipe was old, and used up, and the cats were all junked up, it could have been worth a tremendous amout of power...
When I took my stock h off I lost alot of low end torque :shrug:

You guys are soooooooooooooooooooo lucky to be able to get away with driving with off-road anythings!

Here in Ontario Canada, we've got stupid emissions laws and in order to run an off-road, I'd have to temporarily swap between stock and off-road every 2 years just to pass the test :(

However, in 4 more years I'm exempt, and heck, I'm getting an off-road :)