H&R SuperSport Springs & Mach1 struts/shocks?

well now that weve agreed that my Mach1 struts wont blow...lol...what springs would give me the best ride... within a 1.5-1.75 drop...the only ones i can think of are H&R's and Eibachs.. but eibachs dont have the in between drop that i want... sportlines are too low...and sport kit isnt enough of a drop

• Sponsors (?)

BLUE03GT said:
well now that weve agreed that my Mach1 struts wont blow...lol...what springs would give me the best ride... within a 1.5-1.75 drop...the only ones i can think of are H&R's and Eibachs.. but eibachs dont have the in between drop that i want... sportlines are too low...and sport kit isnt enough of a drop

I have the drop in the range you are wanting using the Race Springs from MRT. The ride is good on the roads I drive on but I imagine if I lived in an area with potholes it would be rough, of course I imagine the stockers would be too :) .
attachment.php

BLUE03GT said:
I would stil recommend the H&R Supersports :nice:

okay maybe not blow...that's just my experience!!

I would expect a much bouncier ride thought. The Mach shocks/struts are not valved for a 2" drop and that progressive spring rate. Do yourself a favor and get a set of adj. shocks/struts, then you should have a smooth handling car.

that is all I am saying...sheesh

The spring rate on the h&r supersports is more than the the shocks and strut you have are desinged for.

this is a point that cant really be argued.

my .02 would be buy the supersports and then just plan to replace the shocks and struts when you can afford it.

I would also buy CC plates. once you raise the mounting point the shock so it is not compressed at all times.

the poeple who say the mach 1 shocks will work just fine are really not taking into acount the lifespan of the part. life will be shortened by this setup bottom line. how long they last is mostlikey going to vary from car to car.

Bisteins are lifetime warantied in this configuration that is what sold me on them.

highvolts said:
I hear strange has an awesome adj. shock/strut
10 ways and they're cheap! $66 each for the shocks and 111 each for the struts. They are on my list.
These are different than typical shocks and struts, from what I hear. These are oil filled rather than gas filled. I honestly don't know much about them and would welcome anyone's personal experience.

hognutz said:
The spring rate on the h&r supersports is more than the the shocks and strut you have are desinged for.

this is a point that cant really be argued.

my .02 would be buy the supersports and then just plan to replace the shocks and struts when you can afford it.

I would also buy CC plates. once you raise the mounting point the shock so it is not compressed at all times.

the poeple who say the mach 1 shocks will work just fine are really not taking into acount the lifespan of the part. life will be shortened by this setup bottom line. how long they last is mostlikey going to vary from car to car.

Bisteins are lifetime warantied in this configuration that is what sold me on them.

finally someone who understands how shocks/struts work! :nice:

DTMach1 said:
finally someone who understands how shocks/struts work! :nice:

I guess you are implying that only you and hognutz are the only ones who understand??? Ok, I guess Scott Hoag don't have a clue huh? You do know who he is right?

As hognutz stated the lifespan may be a factor, also stating the Bilsteins have a lifetime warranty. I've had them and they wore out in less 15k miles because of the driving style I guess. Needless to say I replaced them with Konis and ignored the warranty because I did not want to change them every 15k miles.

So, depending on how the car is used, roads driven on, etc., etc., determines how long anything lasts. The point is, the Mach shocks will work with lowered vehicles, as to weather they will keep up with spring rates is a matter of argument. Some race car drivers and crew chiefs prefer to run stiff valving in the shocks with soft springs, others like soft shocks and still springs . . . the debate goes on.

On my Mach I used Tokico adjustables with MRT race springs. That works great for me. On my Son's GT we used spring rates very close to the same rate as the stock Mach1's and to save him a little cash I discussed this with Scott Hoag of our intentions and he said that would be fine.

The spring rates on the supersports in front are 700 and rear are 275 which are not that far off of the stock Machs so the stock Mach1's should work ok.

Since BLUE03GT already has the shocks, and he has to pick springs like he said, and wants H&R's as in his original post, yes the stock Mach shocks will work, how long? Depends . . . . on a lot of factors, not just what "Joe" said at the parts house who is trying to sell shocks to him too. :D