H&R SuperSports or Steeda Sports for Vert

02blackvertGT

Sep 23, 2003
Oxnard, CA
Hey guys, i got a vert and want to lower it. What I want from my springs is to give me better handling while maintaining comfort. My car is a daily driver: 50 miles daily and on friday and sunday night i drive 100 miles so comfort is ESPECIALLY important. Im more than likely going to match my springs with Bilsteins but am considering tokicos 5-way and konis. I dont take my car to the strip so how the sping helps in launching is of no concern of mine. Between H&r SS and Steeda Sports, what best suits what i want?

• Sponsors (?)

02blackvertGT said:
Hey guys, i got a vert and want to lower it. What I want from my springs is to give me better handling while maintaining comfort. My car is a daily driver: 50 miles daily and on friday and sunday night i drive 100 miles so comfort is ESPECIALLY important. Im more than likely going to match my springs with Bilsteins but am considering tokicos 5-way and konis. I dont take my car to the strip so how the sping helps in launching is of no concern of mine. Between H&r SS and Steeda Sports, what best suits what i want?

Hey man, I have a convertible GT and I'd like to know the same things but have yet to receive any answers either. Keeping bumping the post, soon someone will post a good response, hopefully.

i have the eibach pro-kit on my 99gt vert i think its a good drop, the handling did improve and it rides comfortably. (i have bilsteins). The pro-kit is probably in the middle between steeda and the h&r, it lower than steeda but no as low as the h&r.

IIJasonII said:
i have the eibach pro-kit on my 99gt vert i think its a good drop, the handling did improve and it rides comfortably. (i have bilsteins). The pro-kit is probably in the middle between steeda and the h&r, it lower than steeda but no as low as the h&r.
Agreed. H&R seems like it would be too aggressive for what you are looking for. Steeda will have a much more comfortable ride than the H&R. Eibach is an excellent choice also. I am going with Eibach, probably sportlines though. I think that the Pro-Kit will do well for your application. It is not too harsh of a ride, lowers the car to an appropriate height, and still increases handling. If you are interested, check out www.kmodifiedracing.com or call them they sell the pro kit for only $199. They also have good prices on shocks but i think u have to call or email them for more info on that.

awesome this is the kind of feedback i was looking for. I have been to chad's (2kgt) website and have seen the spring rates. According to his website, steeda's front spring is a fixed spring rate of 650 while H&r ss are a progressive spring rate of 700-760. Which of these two are going to be easier on my fillings? I gave Eibach some thought originally but it seemed like there were too many people who were dissatisfied with the drop as though it only dropped an 1" - 1.25" as opposed to the advertised 1.5". I think, however, Eibach prokit might be the way to go. Let see some more lowered verts!

I have FMS C springs with 3/4 coil cut in the rear. CAr sits perfectly and I get alot of compliments on the drop! The ride is good too!
Here's some pics:
img00028.jpg

img00029.jpg

wheel_5.jpg

gave Eibach some thought originally but it seemed like there were too many people who were dissatisfied with the drop as though it only dropped an 1" - 1.25" as opposed to the advertised 1.5".

all springs take time to settle...some settle more than other...The eibachs will get your car lower when they settle trust me

I went with the Saleen Racecraft springs on my 02 Vert and yes the ride is a little harsher but not much, also installed Bilsteins at the same time. Then last year I installed some H&R's on my brothers 01 Cobra vert with his stock struts/shocks and I was very impressed with the drop and the ride, not much different than stock. Keep in mind that both of these setups use progressive springs front and back. Had the "C" springs on my 01 coupe with the rears cut one coil and they do work good and look good but with the fronts being a fixed spring rate it was a little rougher.

i just bought steeda sports.... would it be a really bad idea to cut them a little? i just want about .5" more drop then they offer.... should i cut them or sell them and go with eibach/h&rs?

any feedback is appreciated. thanks.

Arent verts a beautiful thing...especially to medik13, those 18 bullets are BEAUTIFUL. The cobra side panels are really sweet and definately compliment the drop on your ride. Marks5.0! dood I diggin the chrome saleens and the style bar. as a matter of fact I just installed my CDC lightbar last night and will post pictures when i wash my car and it looks better outside. Did you keep the wheels for your mach? and to Kennym01, I ve been keeping an eye out for your posts even before i registered because you have the setup that i wanted , eibach pro's and 18 03 cobra's (i got your cardomain site saved in my favorites). I think that after this thread tho, im gonna go with H&R SS and 17 03 cobras. We'll see. Thanks for all the replies, guys. Keep them coming guys, I dont think Stangnet has a 99+ vert thread and is in dire need for one.....

I looked over all the springs and decided to get the Eibach Pro-kit springs since they were the only ones that had spring rates specifically for verts. I only wanted a 1" drop to avoid any scraping or bump-steer hassles. The Pro-kits made a nice difference especially in the corners but only after I added the Bilsteins. The Bilsteins are great but could get tiring on a long trip since they are a bit stiff. For the same price you might want to get the Tokico 5-ways and adjust them to your liking. If you really want to make your vert feel more solid and handle lots better add a couple of more things (upper and lower control arms, MM full-length subframe connectors) and you won't believe the world of difference it will make. I did all this last fall and now I'm a happy camper!