RANT!!! Handyman Repairs On Coupe

Black1987

my wife Bedazzled my input shaft
15 Year Member
Jan 9, 2011
NC
So we all have broke crap before, who hasn't, But there are correct ways and not so correct ways.

Well I found a black 4 banger coupe in the junkyard while looking for 20 guage fuse links.

IMG_2323.JPG

I was stoked for an extra set of quarter windows and trim/moldings.

Well this is how it is supposed to look like on the inside
IMG_2335.JPG

Now look at the now broken passenger side
IMG_2351.JPG

There were no nuts, because someone used an adhesive not sealant :fuss:because they were to lazy to put the nuts back on.

I tried working around the metal with a razor knife and putty blade, to get some steel core wire through but it cracked the window:dammit:.

Oh and the moldings had wood screws with putty over them so that was a no go.

Least I got the trim and the trunk lid, but yes I felt like a jacka$$ for breaking a quarter window.:bang: Carry on

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Just curious but how much did they charge you for the trunk lid?

I haggled them down to $60

Still lots off good parts on that car. If cheap enough I would have pulled the LX tails and eBay them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tails were cracked in multiple places, and they wanted too much for them. All the glass is in great shape, interior is blue but I picked threw it once and plan on getting a few more items.

The moldings all looked great, nice and flat. But have all be screwed in. Definitely a good looking car from 10 feet away, but the front end was destroyed.

Reactions: 1 user