Happy New Year

• Sponsors (?)

Just came in from snow blowing, with the blizzard conditions there was a lot of drifting, some spots
were clear others were 2-2.5 ft. deep.
Took me about 2.5 hrs to do my 6 car driveway, 1 car turnaround, front walkway and about 125 ft. of sidewalk. Threw my back out while I was clearing the back patio for the dog, at least my new snow blower worked good, Sucks getting old !

Reactions: 1 users
25635464098_91bee60428_c.jpg

A few flurries today.

Is that Tokyo drift on your hood?

Same conditions here. Snow I done but the wind is incredible. Prob 40-50mph with some gusts that are incredible. Whole house is shaking.

roads are actually clearing a bit. Should be headed to work in the AM. Business as usual after 15"+

Reactions: 1 user
I couldn't imagine dealing with weather like that for 6 months. If it snows here in ABQ, its melted by noon. I feel lucky to be able to still drive and work on the car in my garage, although it can get damn cold here.

Just used to it I guess. I made it to work by 8am. Roads were pretty clear.

I just had to stop 2-3 times to clear the snow from my rims. Was packed in so heavy I couldn't get over 50mph without the car shaking badly

Just used to it I guess. I made it to work by 8am. Roads were pretty clear.

I just had to stop 2-3 times to clear the snow from my rims. Was packed in so heavy I couldn't get over 50mph without the car shaking badly

I had the same issue with snow packed in my wheels..lol. Got on the highway and it felt like the death wobble, had to pull off and clear them.
Yeah I guess you get used to it but the older I get the more I lean towards heading south when we retire.

People go broke retiring up here, thinking about somewhere in North Carolina...
Any suggestions?

Depends on what you want. We have nice beaches, rivers, and the mountains. New Bern is a very popular place for people to retire to. It sets on a large river and is only about 45 minutes from the beach. Ashville is also nice and sits in the mountains.

However since you are from the North I have to recommend Cary. Known as the Containment Area for Relocated Yankees by us locals lol.

Depends on what you want. We have nice beaches, rivers, and the mountains. New Bern is a very popular place for people to retire to. It sets on a large river and is only about 45 minutes from the beach. Ashville is also nice and sits in the mountains.

However since you are from the North I have to recommend Cary. Known as the Containment Area for Relocated Yankees by us locals lol.
Containment area...lol....that's great!
Yeah we're going to go somewhere but it will also depend on where the kids end up.
My younger on is starting to look at colleges down south so that could work out well.

My folks used to live in New Orleans, bought some property in Bay St. Louis Ms.about an hour east, plan on building small place down there when they sell there house near Cleveland in a few years. Land was pretty cheap after Katrina went through. New building codes want homes raised from 7' to 10', don't think that would do much in big storm, area was full of pilings with no houses on them anymore. They have a big trailer in a park by Lake Erie they plan on spending the summers up here.

I'm thinking Arizona personally

Brrr.
IMG_5394.JPG

Just had to laugh at this. It's a week later from when I took the pic of it being -5 degrees outside.

Today was upper 50s, 94% humidity and rain. Snow is melting fast, and I was walking around in a t shirt and sandals tonight outside around the house.

Crazy weather
IMG_5487.JPG

Reactions: 1 users