Hard Shift

justin82

Sep 14, 2017
so...I have looked and haven't found a good answer, and my shop is closed....drive to work was fine then as I pull in and go to downshift....I feel like I damn near almost had to break the shifter to get into 2nd....sat in the lot for a minute....turned car off then on....tried shifting...it was hard as hell...turned off and repeated 2 more tomes...3rd time shifted fine...I called him on break, and he said to, with the car off....press the clutch down, and let it pop up by itself....something about "self adjusting"....ughhh, so my question is...Will I have to do that again?...and what caused it...drive home was fine....

thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

I love it!
First the proper way to adjust the stock clutch on a fox car is to pull up on the clutch pedal with your hand towards you and then push down like your gonna shift, you can try it a couple times, if this don't help you may have a failing cable or worn clutch plate

I love it!
First the proper way to adjust the stock clutch on a fox car is to pull up on the clutch pedal with your hand towards you and then push down like your gonna shift, you can try it a couple times, if this don't help you may have a failing cable or worn clutch plate

lol....no problems on the way home

now, I looked into the tranny fluid ....I read on a post on here....I should never really have to fill it unless there is a leak?...or did I misunderstand the post

The transmission does not 'consume' oil so unless it shows a leak then no it should be ok, that said, it needs to be changed at times, that becomes debatable, I change my trans fluid around 30k miles and I use royal purple fluids, probably could go longer but thats what I do. With royal purple synthetic like I use you could go as much as 50k I would think, some people never change the trans fluid but I don't recommend that.

I bought the car in Aug, or whatever....it has 151,000 miles, and I don't know when it was changed last....my bad, should be asked....should I change it?

shifts better...not having to muscle it down, like I'm feeling like I'm gonna break the shifter...since I bought it, 1st to 2nd sucks sometimes....but as of now normal...so it's normal....should 1st to 2nd be finicky sometimes?