Harmonic balancer / Pulley problems w/ blower

S&B

I hate my CT. :(
10 Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Cheesehead
so to catch you up, i broke the snout of my old crank shaft and part of the reason was the YSI supercharger. I got the car all fixed and today I was out and bam shredded belt and the pulleys moved forward slipped off the key I assume on the shaft. Does this make sense? or if the pulleys moved forward did I break another cranck shaft?

I took some pictures of the problem , what do you think about my harmonic balancer is the key chuck too wide? let me know, im begining to loose it with this setup its always and I mean always something.

DSCF0153.jpg

snout
DSCF0154.jpg

Harmonic balancer
DSCF0157.jpg

DSCF0156.jpg

any ideas welcome

• Sponsors (?)

What type of balancer are you running on there? If it's a Romac, they sometimes need the inside diameter to be honed out slightly, so they can slip over the crank snout easier. It'd still be a press fit, but it just might be a little too tight, so it's not fully seating and throwing off your pulley alignment.

what kind should I buy?
I need a new one

it is a romac, on the unit you can see in the key slot that it was under great force becuse its pushed in and the metal is bulged

When I was looking, I just went by price and whether they were a known, good manufactuer. Some swear by Romac, Pro Products, TCI, ATI, whatever. Probably more of a preference thing, going on brand. I picked up a Pioneer SFI balancer for around $179ish, IIRC. The price was right and I wanted it to be SFI certified.

i cant find them anywhere for 179 there all 300+ on summit.
Maybe I Will take this one in and have it honed out a bit. Do you think I should replace the key?