Has anyone purchase the new Nitto DR's 18"

• Sponsors (?)

ASilver2001GT said:
I didn't think your Roush wheels were 18's. If not, are you getting the wheels we talked about.
Those Roush wheels only come in 18" Rob. I guess I'm sticking with these wheels for now. Especially since Nitto finally got off their can and did some 18" DR's.....I may have some nearly new 18 Nitto ZR Extreme's for sale soon though :D
GI Joe

was thinking my next set would be the 305/45/18 but now they have 308/35/18 which would probably be better. Has anyone emailed them asking 308? But if I do stick with the 305/45 do you think it will affect my speedo?

BadMoFo said:
was thinking my next set would be the 305/45/18 but now they have 308/35/18 which would probably be better. Has anyone emailed them asking 308? But if I do stick with the 305/45 do you think it will affect my speedo?

I believe someone posted in that corral thread above that the 305/45 are for lightnings and shouldn't be used on a mustang :shrug:

VDR.MGREY.02GT said:
I believe someone posted in that corral thread above that the 305/45 are for lightnings and shouldn't be used on a mustang :shrug:

well I still have some time before I need new tires so hopefully I can figure that one out or just get the 308.

Nop do not run them 305/45...I've seen them and they are waaaay to big...they will the speedo, anti lock brakes and rar gear ration will be deduced significantly. they are 28" tall. I'm not sure the 308/35 will clear the rear exhaust.

on the 18X 9...they may be some people that run them but my reccomendation would be 275/35 all the way around or 275 rear and 265 front. Here's the 285/35/18 rear on 10" wheels and 265/35 on the front on 9". you may get away with 285 on the rear with 9' but not on the front...if the car is lowered they will rub. the 275 were very very close on the front with 18X9. I later switched to 265 to clear coil overs.
GI joe

So what's the deal with the 308/35? Will it fit a lowered car without adjustable control arms?

The extra diameter might be what I'm looking for in a track tire if my car ever happens to get some more power with 4.10's. :nice:

What do you guys think about this....my car is already dropped from Saleen--will these rear tires fit allright? Right now I have 265/35ZR18 on the rear and 255/35ZR18 on the front. What would you guys recommend I do for the front tires. Would it be bad to put the Pirelli 265's on the front while having Nitto DR's on the rear?

I haven't really experimented with any other tires than what it came with stock, so just throw out some suggestions if you could.

Thanks