Has anyone put a late model exhaust in....

• Sponsors (?)

I used to have a neighbor that used a late model gt dual exhaust on his 65. He said it was a direct bolt up.

I was half tempted on trying it. It should be fairly cheap if you got to an exhaust shop and ask if they have any they took off.

I have Fox factory steel "shorties" and a 302 in my 1970 convertible. I guess I should change my signature one of these days. I've been waiting until I actually get the thing running again. :rolleyes:

The driver's side flange had to be notched to clear my steering box. I have manual steering. So it did fit in my car, but not without mods. I'm also a little worried about how close the manifold is to the box. Hopefully it won't cause me problems.

Edit: I foolishly threw away a set of the shorties when I parted out the '85 GT last summer. It cost me $20 for another set.

Hack said:
I have Fox factory steel "shorties" and a 302 in my 1970 convertible. I guess I should change my signature one of these days. I've been waiting until I actually get the thing running again. :rolleyes:

The driver's side flange had to be notched to clear my steering box. I have manual steering. So it did fit in my car, but not without mods. I'm also a little worried about how close the manifold is to the box. Hopefully it won't cause me problems.

Edit: I foolishly threw away a set of the shorties when I parted out the '85 GT last summer. It cost me $20 for another set.

Fox shorties won't fit a '65-6 due to interference with the shock tower. fyi...

Sweet - let us know how it turns out!

As it happens I have the catback and mid-pipe from my 02 GT and shorties from a 5.0 in the attic. I was wondering if I could cut the cats off and modify the mid-pipe a little bit to get it to fit. That would save some serious cash. I may go with LTs though, can't decide.

Well long tubes are out of the question for me otherwise they would go on if only I had enough room for them.

an 02 mid pipe is different than a fox one. Different collectors over all lay out is different.