Header Install Q's....

Sep 19, 2003
Well I finally got around to ordering some headers today, and I decided to go with the FlowTech longtubes. I chose these because I couldn't find myself spending $500 for the BBKs, and because with the Hookers(same design) you don't have to take them out to drop the tranny. Anyway, I need some help from people who have installed headers. What type of additional equipment will I need and are there any secrets or write-ups to make the install any less of a pain that what I have heard it will be? The install will be done by my friend and myself and we are both very well mechanically inclined. We have every type of tool(including beer) except for a hydraulic lift. So please give me some direction fellas, it will be very well received. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

do yourself a favor & drop the k-member. doing it that way makes things soooo much easier. aside from that it's pretty straight forward. when you let the k-member down be preparred, it's a heavy son of a gun. oh & if you have an impact that comes in helpful when taking the struts loose :nice:

Come on fellas, 26 people have looked at this and only one has responded? I know there are a ton of people on here that have longtubes and have installed them on their own, like any self respecting mustang owner should!

Y2K_MustangVert said:
Come on fellas, 26 people have looked at this and only one has responded? I know there are a ton of people on here that have longtubes and have installed them on their own, like any self respecting mustang owner should!

it's cause i gave such good tech advice noone could add to it :D

seriously, about the only other thing i can think of to tell you, is i use a block of wood (2x4 about 6-8 inches long) to put on top of the jack & support the engine & tranny at the same time while in the air. there really isn't anything 'hard' about it, it's just time consuming