HEADERS

• Sponsors (?)

My reccomendation...Tri-Y's if you are willing to change to late 65/66 motor mounts.

Otherwise...take advice from those more knowledgable...check how long they have been a member, how many posts and what their car and mods are...

Headers are a somewhat personal preferance.

Long tubed DO hang low...but they can & do provide some benefits.

If I had mine to do again I would either use hipo manifolds or the tri-y's again.

Verify which motor mount you have...check any of the major parts sites for pics...if you have the late 65 - 66 go with the tri-y's.

again my .02

bracket

The drop bracket is only needed if you have power steering...

Cobain I believe you have/had the same issue I had...

I have the early 65 motor mounts. The Tri-Y's need the late 65 66 mounts or the aftermarket adjustable mounts.

That is from what I have been able to deduct...

I did not originally have the drop bracket installed for the first 2k after my rebuild (when I added the Hookers). But I have since added it... I mentioned it on this forum before and there were a few negative comments on the drop bracket. Something about increased stress on the frame given the change in the angle for the power steering.

No issues yet... but I have less than 1k on the setup since adding the bracket. See below:

r1.jpg

Scott

The 65' and earlier style mounts set the engine lower into the car that the 66' and later style mounts, approximately 1".

To determine the style of your motor mounts, just check out the part of the motor mount that attaches directly to the shock tower.

65' and earlier style consists of 3 main pieces. A rubber mount that attaches to the motor, a "V" shaped spacer and the shock tower attaching bracket which is made of cast iron (lowest parts shown on the picture.):

View attachment 456494

66' (late 65') style consists of only 2 major pieces. A rubber part that attaches to the motor and the frame attaching brackets. These brackets are made of bent pieces of steel plate (the 66 rubber part of the mount is not shown):

View attachment 456496

None of the parts (except some bolts) are interchangeable.