Headlights Not Working!

dolfan87 said:
Is one of them a ground, or is one for the turn signals, and one for the running lights?

The latter part of your statement is true. The barrel of your socket should provide the ground whether it be through the housing's connection to the body or a seperate ground wire.

Edit: on the early cars there is a third wire for ground in addition to the two prong plug.

• Sponsors (?)

HA HA HA!! I got it.

The reason we can't find the ground to the marker lights is because they ground to the bumper. My bumpers are painted, and thus no ground.

Snaded a connection point, and they work...what a friggin idiot I am.

Thanks you guys for all your help though!!

dolfan87 said:
HA HA HA!! I got it.

The reason we can't find the ground to the marker lights is because they ground to the bumper. My bumpers are painted, and thus no ground.

Snaded a connection point, and they work...what a friggin idiot I am.

Thanks you guys for all your help though!!

damn man, i should have thought about that, i knew that the signals ground to the bumper because i had a problem years ago with mine not grounding correctly and popping the bulbs. it was an intermittent issue though and totally different than what you had but still ground related. i knew it was a ground issue though, that was the only thing it could have been, i just wish i could have remembered about them grounding to the bumper. anyway, glad you got it figured out!!!