Headlights stopped working.

impulse001

Jan 16, 2008
New Jersey
So I was just about to go out with the Mustang, and before I left I noticed the headlights were not working. The fog lights work, the turn signals work, all the lights work.. Except for the headlights. Any ideas?

PS.. Bulbs are only about 4 weeks old.

• Sponsors (?)

High beams are controlled through the multifunction switch.

You know what I just remembered. My 91 had the same issue when I got it. It was the Multifunction switch. Which is basically the whole turnsignal switch assy. But if I recall right I had some burnt wires coming out of the mfs that went to the low beams.

You need to do the fog light rewire mod and fix the bad wires at the MFS. You may need a new MFS also. Get one at a pick and pull its alot cheaper.

Wow, so bigger problems now..

I took the mustang out, just down the block (with the high beams, lol).. While I was driving, I heard and saw a spark under the steering wheel (it was dark and I had the "coupling" thing that goes around the wheel, off..) which scared the hell out of me because it was right between my legs.. lol

So I turned around to go right home, and noticed that now the turn signals dont work either..