Heads and Cam questions

91foxbod50

Sep 26, 2007
So I am planning on running the edelbrock heads i have, along with an e303 cam. . The heads and cam are going on a 302 and its going to be carbed. But before i go ahead and put everything together i wanted some opinions.

Running this cam, would it require notching the pistons? What else should i beef up before tossing the motor back in? I'm also planning on doing a blower, so if the cam isnt ideal for that kind of app please shine some light on the subject for me.

• Sponsors (?)

that cam is not big so u should be good. ford says its good for a blower. what type of blower are u wanting to use one that is on top of the motor or one like the efi blower. u will need to up grade to a reg that is made for boost to raise fuel pressure. if u do a blow thru get a good hat and carb

Blow Through Carb Hats - Extreme Velocity Air Intake System

from ford= Emissions legal with 5-speed manual trans. E.O. #D-225-16 (9) Great for (superchargers). Manual transmission recommended. (10) Good torque and power up to 6200 RPM. Manual transmission recommended. (11) Good torque and power up to 6500 RPM. Manual transmission recommended.

im gonna be running a root style blower. I was maily worried aobut clearence issues because my friend said he would fly cut if necessary. But im looking for a smooth installation.

You will be fine...I am assuming you have a 91 Stang from your handle. I am running a stock standard bore piston in my 85 vert with GT40p heads that have 58cc CC's with the E303 cam and have no issues...this is with the stock 1.6 rockers. Interesting the cam is compatible with a blower...Hmmmm!:D