heard a rumor of the new 05' body styleS?

351CJ said:
Also, the last generation Cougar and T-bird (2 door RWD, 4 seaters) use a different platform, MN12, shared with the MK-VIII. You have the production dates for those cars wrong too.

The MN-12 cars were the 89-97 Cougar/Tbirds and 93-96? MK-IIIs for those of you who are interested. Up until 88, the Cougar/Tbird, was a Fox.

• Sponsors (?)

Right, it was the 89-97 T-birds that rode on MN-12, I didn't list anything incorrectly. 88 & previous was Fox. Furthermore I own a '78 Fairmont Futura, and a '79 Mustang. Unless I'm blind or ignorant or both, the stretch in wheelbase occurres behind the main floor section, the pans appear the same up on the rack. That would only make sense I think, allowing Ford to make the platform more easily scalable, but I could be wrong.

OK, it was getting late and I was bleary eyed, I could have sworn I read "'98" in the dates. :shrug:

I had 3 different LTD-II's. I haven't had one in many years, but I could have sworn that the floor pan was longer than the Mustang's.

I would not call Monday a "Sad Day". I would call it a proud day. The when you look at cars like the Cobra-R, Mach 1, and the 03 / 04 Cobra, Ford's engineers were able to get an incredible amount of performance along with unbeliveable longevity out of the old Fox.

I will not be shedding any tears over the end of the Fox platform, it did its job, but now its time to move on. But at the end of the day on Monday I think I'll turn towards Dearborn and make a final salute to the Fox. :hail2:

It is truly amazing how far the fox, and it's evolutionary derivatives, made it in such a competetive market. It's not just a testimony to the original engineering team, but even more-so, a testimony to all of the engineers up through the 90's and into the new century that somehow found a way to patch her up and keep the old nag at the front of the pack!