Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp....

Dave95GT

bAd mUtha
Founding Member
Ok so after 8 months I am ready to start my car....or so I thought.

I got the motor turning over, but there is no spark. I have a new distributor and coil so I know they arent the problem. Also I plugged both of them into a friends car and it started with no problem. All the fuses in both fuseboxes are working so thats not an issue either.

So...I break out the test light and with the harness disconnected from the coil, I have power at the positive wires and no power at the negative wires. Now here is where I get confused. When I plug the harness into the coil, I have power at BOTH wires. Still I have no spark. I have no power steering bracket so the coil bracket is bolted to the head. I thought maybe it needed to be grounded, but that didnt make a difference.

Can anyone shed some light on this? My brain has turned to scrambled eggs :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

did you reconnec the ground on the driver side header, is the fuel pump priming, if not try the reset button. Ground for the coil itself hooked up to the coil bracket(may not matter just trying to help)

good luck man

jason

I have 4 different engine grounds right now so that shoulsnt be an issue. The fuel pump and everything is working as it should. I took the plug wire off of the coil and there is no spark coming from the tip of the coil. I also hooked the test light to the tip of the coil and there is no signal coming out while turning the motor over.

I hate electronics....:notnice:

if you still have the stock fuel pump make sure its turning on when you have the key in the on position before you click it to start. also check your block grounds to make sure that they have not rusted/curroded away