hello, id like to say....

Hi to this forum. Hello! :D
I was wondering how much the little 2.3L mustangs went for now a days? :shrug: Are they more expencive than the 5.0s because of the rareity of them, or are they usually kinda cheap?
Im in the market for a new car so i might just start lookin for a little mustang like these. :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Well, it usually depends on the area and the condition of the car. Sometimes you can find 2.3L Mustangs for next to nothing in decent shape, and sometimes (like around here) you'll see a '92 or '93 2.3L going for $4000, which I would never pay for a 2.3L personally.

You can usually get one in good shape for $2000 or less.

Red_LX said:
Well, it usually depends on the area and the condition of the car. Sometimes you can find 2.3L Mustangs for next to nothing in decent shape, and sometimes (like around here) you'll see a '92 or '93 2.3L going for $4000, which I would never pay for a 2.3L personally.

You can usually get one in good shape for $2000 or less.
Thanks, around here people are grabing every thing with a four cylender in it, its the gas prices. the summer is just starting and around here gas is 1.67 a gallon. for the first time ever i saw a old person on a side streat riding there power wheel chair instead of a car. ive seen people pushing grocery cart home instead of driving, they live up to a mile away!
Ill look but i don't know where i should look.:scratch:

I'm guessing you've been deployed;welcome home and thanks for your service. :flag:

What part of the country are you in? Central TX has daily drivers all over for under 2 grand,SVO's are under 3~!

:stupid:

I paid $3,000 for mine in very clean, nice condition with about 115,000 on the clock, but after seeing some of the deals available, I would drive somewhere to get a better deal.

Paul C. said:
I'm guessing you've been deployed;welcome home and thanks for your service. :flag:

What part of the country are you in? Central TX has daily drivers all over for under 2 grand,SVO's are under 3~!
thanks for the welcome home, my service to my country is always a pleasure, my pleasure.
Im in Missourri (stationed with a national guard unit for 6 years), so i don't know where exactly to look for a svo mustang other than the hi price dealer peaple. I just don't see fox bodys w/ for sale signs in em on some bodys yard. Thats makeing it hard to find one, ill give it a good look thou.
thanks again!
PVT matthews

Honestly, I don't think the gas prices right now are all THAT bad. I'm currently only paying 25 cents more per gallon for 93 than I was last summer (was $1.63 last summer, now it's 1.88). My Turbo Coupe averaged 25 mpg on the last tank, which makes me happy (course I've been takin it easy on it)

I hope little four cylinder things don't get snapped up too quick, I need to find a cheap beater to drive for next winter at some point this summer.

Well as for people ******ing up the 4bangers, thats in my local. be for i left in september there were cavaliers on every lot. booking for 4 grand and barly selling for 2500 dollars, no if i can accually find a cavi for sale its gona fetch full book price even if it got dents an chit. whats worse is I can't use dents and rust to drive the price down like last fall, now that stuff don't work so i gues i need a new bag of tricks to get a good deal.
But like I said this is my local, a small town that backed up the gas station because people talked to much last summer, started a rumor, and people lots of people paniced, and when i got out of school that day. It looked like the whole town was in line to get gas. I was like gimine christmas people, thats just crazy! my point is people around here seem to be panicy about there gas prices. Im thinking this buying frenzy may be a panic like that gas station line.
Im like you, gas is high but its not that bad at 1.60 a gallon, I mean shure i remember when it was 90 cent a gallon and all but this years price and last years are similar and close to each other.

Hey,

Just thought I'd add my two cents to this thread. I found a guy selling an '87 LX Convertible (2.3 N/A automatic, 88 pitiful hp) for $325 cash in my neighborhood. (I'm in FL)

It has some minor rust on the bottoms of some panels, and has light accident damage. (It looks like someone tapped it in the back, the bumper is at an angle downward, but no obvious marks or broken/misaligned lights) and as for the front, I can see that the panel that holds all the front lights and the air dam is not the original one for the car, but one from another color Mustamg, the paint is beginning to peel off of it. (Shoddy repaint work) The hood looks faded, and the cowl panel is bent and has surface rust on the corners, as if the hood flew up or the car was hit in the front end.

Other than that, the EGR system is inoperative, the engine cooling fan as well. The A/C worked up until about a month ago, I believe it may have a leak somewhere. The tranny and engine cooling system could both stand to be flushed and refilled, and the engine needs a tuneup as well.

Some power stuff in the car doesn't work, such as the courtesy lights, power mirrors, and while the convertible top motor runs (I can hear it) but the top doesn't move, making it a manual top for now.

So as you can see, she needs some TLC, but then again, what did I expect? She had 203,000 miles on the clock as of last night. She run and drives fairly well, even for all the problems.

Was it worth it? You bet!

You guys have it easy with your gas prices. In order for me to pump premium fuel up here in Canada on Vancouver Island it cotsts me $1.00/liter. Which is $4.00/gallon. Mind you, this is in Canadian dollars, but that is still over $3.00/gallon in US currency.

yeah my parents let me choose what kind of fuel I wanted to put in my tank. they will give me like $30 on gas. I of course chose premium and spent $15 and almost got 7.5 gallons. it was $2.03 a gallon last night at the local BP.

but when I was looking for an SVO I looke on www.svoca.com and www.autotrader.com

those were helpful, you can find pretty cheap ones on svoca.

StangerJon said:
yeah my parents let me choose what kind of fuel I wanted to put in my tank. they will give me like $30 on gas. I of course chose premium and spent $15 and almost got 7.5 gallons. it was $2.03 a gallon last night at the local BP.

but when I was looking for an SVO I looke on www.svoca.com and www.autotrader.com

those were helpful, you can find pretty cheap ones on svoca.
ive recently found getauto.com it werked really well, prob is not enought dealerships take the time to list there goods on line. just parking it outside and hopeing for the best seems to be the prefered approach.

StangerJon said:
thats why you use autotrader.com

the dealerships dont list in it. you buy from all private sellers, and things are usually cheaper that way
true, im seteling on a zx2 right now, i have a choice. the 98 has 111k miles on it, its a repo and apparently the prevous owners striped the sterio before it was taken. that and its really ruff on the out side. it ran great on the test drive, the 5-speed was a little sloppy but i thought it would do. they wanted 2650 for that one.
On the other hand i looked at the 99 zx2 they had. it had 92k miles, the 5-speed felt a lot more solid, and was a whole lot cleaner and nicer(only dings no body work). so id really like to get the 99, as u can see the 99 is in better condition , has fewer miles, and is nearly identical to the 98. the differences in the two models are not even some thing id bother thinking about. like the wheels on the 99 are hubcaps while the 98 has alloy, the 99 had a "trunk releas button" while the 98 did not, and the 98 had a remote -a battery.
im about 500 short on the 99, but Over all Id like to settle on the 99. Im going to have to see if the bank will float a 60 day loan to get this. Ill be walking a financial tight rope, but ill be really good off if this all works out.
I got some thinkin to do.