Help/Advice Not sure what to do anymore with build up

To make a long story short my engine shop told me a ford sportsman 302 block can handle 500-600 hp well now I am learning its nothing but a glorified stock block. Great I wasted money on that block and the machining of it.

Basically my goal was to have a 10 second streetable stang (in the long run). My idea was to do it stages so I built a motor myself and got a tko600, rear is built etc. I built the motor around a supercharger, thinking I could get it in a year or so. But now I don't have a strong enough block to handle what I want. I have victor jr heads on my little 331 so it will probably be a dog in the low end.

I need some advice even some motivation to continue on this project because I feel like its just not worth it anymore since I am losing money on it.

So I am not sure should I just sell the vic jrs and get some smaller heads and don't do the supercharger or spend the $$$ next year for a Dart block and then the following year get the procharger?

I'm just unmotivated and pissed that the performance shop would lie to me do this bs.

Oh the engine I built is this:

ford sportsman block (POS)
Eagle 331 forged rotating assembly
vic jr heads
Comp Cams XFI cam
holley systemax II intake
1.6 RR

thanks...

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

The sportsman will do very well NA.
Have it done as a 347, have the jrs worked as necessary, a custom cam, rpmII intake and all supporting parts on a drag suspension and sticky tires it will run 10's.
My buddy ran 10.70 in his, with a full weight car and he weighs alot.
He used a victor EFI intake which wasn't that great for street driving, and street heat heads that were extrude honed.

Use the money you are saving from not buying the SC to better the other parts you have.

The sportsman will do very well NA.
Have it done as a 347, have the jrs worked as necessary, a custom cam, rpmII intake and all supporting parts on a drag suspension and sticky tires it will run 10's.
My buddy ran 10.70 in his, with a full weight car and he weighs alot.
He used a victor EFI intake which wasn't that great for street driving, and street heat heads that were extrude honed.

Use the money you are saving from not buying the SC to better the other parts you have.

I put the engine together of the winter so I am not changing parts not, its a little late. His car does not sound like the most streetable car with the victor intake.

Its a weekend driver for fun on the street ETs are not my main concern.

I think I'm going to get the supercharger next year and just have a very safe tune done to my stang. I don't plan on running slicks or anything so I think the block will be fine.

I have main cap girdle so if it goes I can keep all my parts in a pile if the block cracks (and I have rocker girdle to keep my valvetrain in place)