Help Fuel Pump!!

Ok im new to the forums when it comes to posting but i need some help. Last night i had a bad problem with my stang (91 Coupe) on the way home from work my lights started to dim and radio started o cut off. I knew the car was gonna die and it did. Close friend came to give me a jump. I barly made it half way till it died again. so i had to have him come give another jump and i had to drive home with my lights off to make it home.

Long story short i think its my fuel pump that caused this bigger problem because in the past 2 weeks my fp has sometimes not been wanting to stop priming. or say i would turn the car off it would keep the fuel pump priming while the car was off. And i know it has to do with that because urly that day at work it wouldn't turn off. i had to un plug the battery to shut it off. but even sometimes when i did that i would connect battery and the fuel pump would cut back on...

Also now he tryed to jump my car again this morning and now it don't wanna start. but the fuel pump cuts back on. I know it don't help having a stock alt either. but i know it went bad to and maby the battery also. so i need some serious ideas of what it could be or is.

• Sponsors (?)

Once you're driving along, a running fuel pump isnt the issue (even if it is staying engaged while the car is off).

Test the charging system and get that fixed.

Then once you have a fully charged battery and alt that is working well, see what it does. A lot of times if you have another electrical issue, the relays in the car can act strangely because of the lack of battery voltage.

MHO. Good luck.