HELP! Just got car back but ....

now, the engine that's giving me so much trouble.

attachment.php

attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

i looked and looked for a loss hose of the same thickness and did not find anything. :bang: If you all don't think that will cause the shuttering then i'll just let it be, i guess. Does anyone have the firing order for our cars? I guess it might be it. Could it be a bad plug? the problem one more time is when I'm driving the car, it seems as though I'm driving the car in too high of a gear, like driving in thrid when your supose to be in first.

thanks!! I was going to get it painted sonic blue but since I already had a 89gt sonic blue and a zinc yellow 01gt, i felt i was time to try vw red :) ,I'm going to check my plugs to make sure there all in the right order.

Sounds like he didn't have a clue what he was doing - I'd sure want to give it a good going over to see what else is screwed up. I'm thinking the egr coolant was blocked off before otherwise it would be flowing coolant out of the hard metal heater hose nipple, and the return fitting into the rear lower intake. Sounds like he plugged the vacuum cannister into the throttle body coolant port instead of to a vacuum port.

Good luck figuring it out.

:D :D :D :D :D :D IT'S ALIVE!!!! AND RUNNING good again. I was the spark plug wires. 3 and 4 on the dist. were switch up. THanks to all of you for your help and suggestions. I guess the egr stuff is opinional :shrug: should I get it addressed or should i just leave it be? :spot: :spot: :banana: :banana: :banana: thanks god i didn't have to spend more time and money trying to figure this out.

I think that the plug wires are hooked up wrong. I can see in the pic that the first three go to 1234 cyl. That first four on the right side should be 1, 2, 7,3 (pretty sure), I just fixed this same problem. I don't have the firing order in my hand but popping and rough idle would be a good sign of incorrect spark plug wires, especially if the motor waas just pull for the paint. They prolly took off the wires and were too stupid to put them on right. Try that out. Some one give him a firing order please.

Not trying to take this topic off track, but I was curious how much that type of paint job ran you? Don't feel obligated to answer, just want a ballpark so I know what to expect when I get my car painted.

Thanks,

fost9508 said:
Not trying to take this topic off track, but I was curious how much that type of paint job ran you? Don't feel obligated to answer, just want a ballpark so I know what to expect when I get my car painted.

Thanks,

I got a really really good deal on the paint job, dude charged me $1,550.00 :D I was really lucky to find him for that price, I was going to pay $2,500.00 w/o the engine bay being painted before I found this dude. THe guy painted the engine bay because he figured that I knew people who needed paint jobs and wanted me to send them to him. I live in Northernn VA. :nice: BTW, cars running very well now, now it's time for the interior, I'm currently converting to black from gray. I have all the supplies, just don't have the time