Help me and my g/f out! Buying another Stang!

That appears to be a good one for the money. I usually don't like Foxbody GT's, but if they're dark blue or dark green over silver like that, they look pretty classy.

The only odd thing is it looks like he added the wing, but left the louvers for the lugage rack.:shrug:

The owner of that black one is smoking crack.:notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

That appears to be a good one for the money. I usually don't like Foxbody GT's, but if they're dark blue or dark green over silver like that, they look pretty classy.

The only odd thing is it looks like he added the wing, but left the louvers for the lugage rack.:shrug:

The owner of that black one is smoking crack.:notnice:

LOL at the louvers... good call. what do you think its worth... im about to just show up with cash in hand...

I'd say $3,000 would be a fair offer because of the condition of the paint and radiator. But it wouldn't hurt to hit him at less than that to see if he takes it. If the rest of the car is as clean as the interior that'd be a good find I think.
After seeing that white convertible you posted, I wouldn't be shy about getting on the ground and checking every inch of the undercarriage for rust on those northern cars.

I'd say $3,000 would be a fair offer because of the condition of the paint and radiator. But it wouldn't hurt to hit him at less than that to see if he takes it. If the rest of the car is as clean as the interior that'd be a good find I think.
After seeing that white convertible you posted, I wouldn't be shy about getting on the ground and checking every inch of the undercarriage for rust on those northern cars.

makes me wonder what under my 95 looks like...

I think $3000 would be fair as well... I dont think he would drop to $2800...

I think $3000 would be fair as well... I dont think he would drop to $2800...

Yea, but you never know. I thought that I wouldn't be able to get my '95 for less than $5,000. But I offered $4700 anyways and got it for $4900 which was $1100 less than the price I was given when I first showed up to look at it.
Hit 'em low and if he doesn't take it, try to get him to what you're willing to pay. If you eventually agree on a fair price it's not like the initial low offer is gonna offend him so much that he won't take your money.

Yea, but you never know. I thought that I wouldn't be able to get my '95 for less than $5,000. But I offered $4700 anyways and got it for $4900 which was $1100 less than the price I was given when I first showed up to look at it.
Hit 'em low and if he doesn't take it, try to get him to what you're willing to pay. If you eventually agree on a fair price it's not like the initial low offer is gonna offend him so much that he won't take your money.

True i did get her last car that was $1600 for $850.... and my $2400 Saturn for $1250... and my stang was listed for $4800 and i paid $3900... i guess it wouldnt be the first time... you think i should just offer like $2600

Blue book in fair is $2100.... Good $2500 not sure if it really matters for a stang

Ya, Blue Book sucks for Mustangs. For example, you can't even appraise a '96 Mystic Cobra using Blue Book.

It's funny, when I was working for a Chevrolet dealer I had a guy want more than Blue Book for his Camaro trade-in, which I told him was fair, but I also told him his wanting to pay less than Blue Book for a used Corvette didn't make any sense. Dumbasses...:nonono:

Girl driver + Lots of Torque + Light Car + Old Car + Convertable Top + Rear Wheel Drive + Young Driver + Winter in New Jersey = Yikes.

Adam

thats y im trying to find her something un modded... and even then might be 2 strong for her... but she has been driving a fox for awhile and knows the dimensions of the car.. so id rather her driver a car she already knows...

this is next on the list to check out...
1993 Mustang GT Convertible

its like 2 hours away...

Yesterday i drove to check out a car on corral... the owner offered me for 3k... but there was a few things that bothered me and my g/f....

First off... the inspection sticker was from 05' so that means its been off the street in 3 years...
runs great took it for a drive then my g/f could not get out of the pass side of the car and the power locks didnt work. She said she noticed a musty smell in the car like its been leaking... There was a little rust under it but the car looked solid. There was a crack in the windsheild the size of a quarter...Oil was a quart low. and the rad cap was leaking my g/f said she saw brown coming out of it. and that was a about it... still a solid mustang. needed mufflers... but the inspection sticker really bothered me. thats a long time for a car thats not being modded to be off the road.

82k on the clock on this one.