• Foxlake

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • MPH

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Livernoise

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

I understand what you are saying cobrared. However I dont like some of the complaints I have found. I know every shop will have issues because nobody is perfect and sometimes you just flat out get a bad part that some how slipped past the manufacturers quality controll. MMR has more complaints then just oil pump failures. The part that is most disturbing is that MMR hasnt really made any efforts to make things right for any of these people. It would be different if they made efforts to make things right. I guess they havent figured out that good customer service is what really counts.

I think I have ruled them out. I know you are using them for you build and I hope everything works out for you but some stuff I have found sends chills up my spine. I am convinced they dont have very good quality controll. Like TGJ told me do a search for MMR on Welcome to S197 Forums. The only forum on the internet dedicated solely to the S197 Mustang! and see for yourself. I have also been told that anything negitive about them on the corral gets deleted. All this sends up to many red flags for me. I have to stretch the money I have as far as I can but I cant afford to do something twice. Good luck.
I hear and understand ya man. MMR isn't doing my build, they are balancing my rotating assembly and supplying me with side bolts, and possibly still might bore my block over. All of which because they are close and can send down my stuff when they have a shipment already being sent down here. They ported a set of PI heads for me, which i did have complaints about concerning the seat pressure and valve height, but they were very willing and happy to fix any problems i pointed out. In the end the problems shouldnt have been there as they knew what cams i was running (looked to even be off if i were to run stock Pi cams) and it cost me money to have a local shop figure out what was off about them.
So it's not like im singing their praises. I'm just saying parts are parts. I know i didn't buy any MMR parts besides side main bolts, i acquired everything myself, and will build it myself. So it's more of a CobraRed shortblock than anything else.

I hear and understand ya man. MMR isn't doing my build, they are balancing my rotating assembly and supplying me with side bolts, and possibly still might bore my block over. All of which because they are close and can send down my stuff when they have a shipment already being sent down here. They ported a set of PI heads for me, which i did have complaints about concerning the seat pressure and valve height, but they were very willing and happy to fix any problems i pointed out. In the end the problems shouldnt have been there as they knew what cams i was running (looked to even be off if i were to run stock Pi cams) and it cost me money to have a local shop figure out what was off about them.
So it's not like im singing their praises. I'm just saying parts are parts. I know i didn't buy any MMR parts besides side main bolts, i acquired everything myself, and will build it myself. So it's more of a CobraRed shortblock than anything else.

I would assemble my own SB but I am unsure of the process and not very comfortable with it due to all of the clearances. I am to worried that I would screw something up and end up with a $2000 boat anchor. I am however confident that I can assemble the rest of the engine and istall it myself. How did you find out your seat pressures were off?

I would assemble my own SB but I am unsure of the process and not very comfortable with it due to all of the clearances. I am to worried that I would screw something up and end up with a $2000 boat anchor. I am however confident that I can assemble the rest of the engine and istall it myself. How did you find out your seat pressures were off?
I'll have help from someone who has done it before quite a few times. As for the seat pressure, since i'd had so much trouble with heads before that point i had Total Performance look over my parts before they go in. They sighted the problems i'd face when putting the cams on. Noticed the stuff was off, but had to figure out why. I believe it's becaue MMR sinks the valves seats a bit into the head when porting for more flow. But that changes the height and pressure which maybe they dont address. i've been telling people to talk to MMR about that before ordering to make sure it's a-ok with their cams and springs.

I would do pretty much the same thing you are if I had someone to guide me through the process. I also know I could save myself some money in the process. I am hopeing that I can make a little cash off the current engine when I pull it to buy you guessed it more parts.