HELP ME fit my body kit

Blackened302

Jul 21, 2005
South TX
all 4 pieces are from ABC Exclusive and are in urethane.

nacho (95vert) and i went over to my garage (my grandma's actually) to work on the bondo/sanding. we ran out of sand paper about a half-hour into it and as we were talking about going to go get more, we looked at eachother and said "let's put on the body kit!" so we started. we took off the front and rear bumpers plus everything else that needed removing in order to get to them. i'll spare you the details of how we had to make multiple trips to advance for misc ****, but in the end we couldn't find the right rivets to secure the factor brackets on the ABC stuff. we decided to use zip-ties (yeah i know, not so great, but it was temp) to test-fit. now they were secured pretty tight--they might be why it wasn't fitting, but either way, the rear wasn't lining up flush like the factor one did. i'm talking about the horizontal seam that runs under the tail-lights.

it all comes down to: how do i "fit" the bumpers--especially front the side fit? i'm going to contact ford tomorrow about which exact rivets to use (anyone know?) . the sides stuck out too far out--i'm thinking this is because the brackets are sticking too far inward--i'm going to try and bend the brackets' edges (like a C so in cause i need the width i can just unbend them) in order to push them inside the bumper a little more--hopefully that'll take care of them sticking out like eva longoria's hips (normally hot, but not in this case).

when they say "fit," do they mean like sanding and what not? i'm pretty sure i'm going to have to lightly sand the horizontal part of the bumper in order for it to sit closer to the body and to be level/straight/even, but yeah, do they actually mean sanding/modding to fit?

this is my first time doing this and i'd hate to ruin anything and have to re-buy pieces due to something gay. any help would be appreciated. thanks

• Sponsors (?)