Help me im disgracing mustangs everywhere

As far as launching goes, on street tires, I do a good burnout till the tires smoke. Then I break torque it to launch. I run regularly at the track, and haven't seen anybody with a better 60 ft on street tires, unless they've got four wheel drive. I don't shift manually either, and the tires bark hard on the 1-2 shift. New best 13.773 @ 99.98 mph, 2.020 60 ft. on street tires.
Changing your fluid and filter, is good idea.

• Sponsors (?)

Look if all your after is a rough baseline then the gtech works use it more as a tuning guide. I.e. try different launchs idle stomp, 2k stomp etc, leave it in Drive stomp manual change gears, whatever. Don't get too worked up over it, but get the tranny taking care of.

PlatinumDevil said:
Damned i thought buying an auto would eleviate the problems of needing new clutches etc... godamned maybe i can sell it to someone, take a loss of a grand, and buy a T/A or camaro... (even tho this car has put me 16,000 in debt, and i can't afford a transmission or a flush for that matter)

No need to do that. Just learn how to drive.

Best way to launch with the auto for me in my 98GT auto. as to hold the brakes, then gas/rev the car to 2000 or 2200 rpm with the brakes still in. You will hear the engine starting to rev, but the brakes still hold hte tires steady so you aren't burning out at all...but you are close to it...then let off the brake and gas it. Basically what you are doing then, is launching the car at 2200 like a manual...only in your auto. Worked for me eveyrtime and It would be good launches. Try that. See what you run.

If the traction and driveing is not poor on this there is a major porblem with the car. A near 8 second 0-60 and high 15 quarter is way under what a auto PI car does on a regular basis, :( those numbers are about what a pre PI car would do bone stock. I would say you need to have your car checked out or better yet ran on a dyno, to see where the problem is at. Assumeing of course it's not the driver or tire traction porblem. :D

remeber to turn the traction control off. load the coverter on the lauch. basically you just power brake the car to get the covert close to 100% efficency on the lauch. this will do you better than flooring it out of the hole because you can control the wheel spin.

I have also heard that turning the o/d off will help but I am not 100% on that as my mustang is a 5 speed but my chevelle was an auto and my iroc is an auto.

you car should be capable of a mid 14sec pass if the tranny is not shot.

The company that towed your car in neutral needs to be shot. You can't do that. the only way you can tow an auto in neutral is if the car is running. if they did not drop the driveline I would send them a bill for a your tranny if it is roached.

smell the fluid. If it smells burnt that is not good. changing a the fliud if the tranny is damaged won't do sh&t.

PlatinumDevil said:
Ok how about this, when i drive it through the gears (first to second to drive)... why does it litterally take 3 seconds to shift once i put it in second and another 3 once i put it in drive... i did it assuming i could keep it floored and it would shift, i was inccorect and it bounced off redline so i quickly let off. then a second later it finally shifted.

there are clutches that have to fill up with trans fluid before the trans can shift. when you move the shifter, that is the transmissions signal to fill up the next clutch. it usually take 1 to 1 1/2 seconds to fill up. once full, then it shifts.

mine is a 02 auto vert. i had to get a tuner. flush the tranny and fill it up with synthetic. and a tranny cooler. and its running a bit better now. and i have a auburn ls and a set of 3:90 gears to put in and im not gunna until i put in a deep dish tranny pan and carbon fiber driveshaft and a new stronger rear end girdle. if you dont want to spend any money. take off as much weight as possible. i took out the all the trunk panels the spare tire the backseat. and im even thinking about taking out the little motor for the top and just manually pull it up and down. like i gotta be parked to use it anyway :D

That idiot tow truck guy may have jacked it up, but it's hard to say. First of all, they SHOULD have put it on a flat bed truck.

I say you should change the fluid and filter. If that doesn't make a difference then DEFINITELY get it checked. You don't want to fry it especially if it's your everyday car. And third, if you don't want to put money into, your best choice is to chalk it up to experience, get out while you can, and go get a 5 spd. Now THAT's a launch. :flag: