Help me out here...

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
Heres the deal.

Right now my car has the stock H pipe on it, but someone redid the catback and cut out the mufflers, and re-piped it. The thing is, I cant tell if they used 2.25 or 2.5" pipe when they re did it. It sounds ok, but it lacks tone on the low end. I know someone who is selling a UPR X pipe for a very good price, and I wouldnt mind picking it up, but I dont have the money for a catback right now.

So, that leaves me with two options... get some mufflers and dump them, no biggy but it will take away some tone.

Or, buy some mufflers and weld them into the pipes. Only reason im hesitant about this is because I think the pipes may be a smaller diameter than the stockers. If I did that do you guys think that would be a big bottle neck and cost me some power? If you dont think it will affect anything then thats the route ill go untill I can get a catback.

• Sponsors (?)

streetstang03 said:
just measure it :shrug:

i'd get the xpipe and just have some mufflers welded into it. i would just get rid of the straight pipes ASAP.

I guess I could stop being a lazy fawk and measure them, huh...?

:lol:

The straights really dont sound bad once you get going, its just under 2k it sounds like a truck. Ive had alot of people tell me it sounds pretty bad ass, but im just looking for a different sound.

What kinda mufflers would you reccomend to get welded in? If I can find a good price on Ultra-Flows that would be sweet... probaly use something a little less expensive though. Guess ill go hit up Mustang Exhaust real quick.

definately get the upr x, its a great piece. Also definately get some mufflers, thats up to you though. All I've ever heard with the UPR x is the stock catback and it sounds too good to change already.

Looks like this may be my best bet so far...

I can most likely get the UPR X and two stock Mach-1 mufflers dumped for 150 bucks. Im not too thrilled about the stock Mach mufflers, but for 50 bucks I cant really complain. I may be able to just have the Mach mufflers welded in depending on whats what... that may be a little better.