Help! Need a quick answer

Heres my problem. I recently built a 331 stroker. My transmission is Tremec 3550. I just bought a Ram Billet Steel 28oz flywheel. My clutch is a King cobra. Heres the problem. Today is the first day I have test drove this car. I never had a problem with this transmission and the clutch has plenty of meat left. "Well it did". When you take off it feels fine in first but once you shift to second black smoke rolls up in the car and you can smell nothing but clutch. This was a clean install. Does anyone know what could be causing this. I used the stock pressure plate bolts from the stock flywheel. I was told this was the problem. can anybody verify this?
Thanks Dave

• Sponsors (?)

I loosend the cable up a little because there was no play in the pedal, it was stiff. After I adjusted it I couldn't put it gear, it was too loose. So I tightned the cable up. It smokes once I give it hell. After I get passed first, thats when it starts. Is this because The flywheel is new and needs broke in or is something inside screwed. I was told something about metric bolts verses standard bolts. I used the stock pressure plate bolts from the stock flywheel on the RAM Flywheel. I was told the the stock flywheel is metric and the RAM is standard threads. But if this was the case i cant see the bolts even threading in. They said they would, but back out. Is this possible. But I've only driven 10 miles and cant see the bolts backing out in 10 miles. Any suggestions?

clutch isnt engaging fully.. im not sure of why or how but somethings amiss in the engaging of the clutch.. best off pulling the tranny off along with the clutch.. check it out

I have had a simular thing happen right after I put a clutch in and it was the pressure plate bolts backed out. Luckaly that car had a lower bellhousing I could remove, inspect, and tighten them easyily to fix it.

did you have your flywheel resurfaced?