HELP!!!-shifter/tranny getting stuck

dcm06

Mar 7, 2008
i have an '03 cobra and just the other day it got stuck in 4th gear. it finally came out after playing with it. then it got stuck in neutral. it seems to happen when i move the shifter back and forth in neutral, then i can only move it into gear then it gets stuck. is it the shift linkage? springs? tranny? any help would be appreaciated.

• Sponsors (?)

i asked my tranny instructor today and he knows what it is and said i have to take the tranny apart. but i bought an extended warranty with the car so im gonna take it to the dealership.

unclw meat couriouse to no why you seem to think you better then everyone else and havent you ever heard the phrase if you dont have anything nice to say . stop being so obnoxious

First: Where did UM act like he knew everything? I see him asking for more information so he could give a good answer. His questions followed a logical path trying to diagnose the problem.

Second: Where did he say anything that wasn't nice?

Third: Being obnoxious? I think you are very confused.

Fourth: I think your name is misspelled. Replace the U with an I

After looking over the other posts you have made. My conclusion is that you have nothing to offer but bad information and bad judgements.

I vote... Banned!

all i am saying is that you have people here that might not have any ideas on how these cobras run or how the engines work and getting advice form him is like a condensending parent telling you not to do something. you wanna ban me for an honest opinion thats fine could do without the sarcastic advise anyway. duke you need to grow up and let meat defend himself you tool.

What am I defending myself from again? Guy asks a question, I ask for some additional info before making a suggestion, guy comes back and states he's attending UTI (You DO know what UTI is, right?). I then find it funny he came to Stangnet for assistance when he has way more qualified assistance right there at his school.

There was nothing condescending about my posts. Me thinks you are too sensitive.

U.M.

Sounds like one of the stamped steel 3-4 keys busted and is wedged in the slider assembly, or possibly one of the plastic 3-4 fork pads broke and the parts are binding up the slider.

Forget the warranty crap, take the T56 apart, and install brass fork pads and billet steel slider keys. You can have the tranny apart in 45 minutes and the parts replaced in the same time. then No issues with those pieces again.