Help: Stripped A Hole In The Fuel Pressure Regulator's Seat On Rail

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
Have changed it out before but tonite almost dark and trying to get it back together I just messed up and stripped one of the holes. It does have some threads to the bottom still there but I need a longer screw. I hope I can find one at the hardware store tommorow or dealership. If I can get one that's about 1/4 inch longer it should work. Or maybe a self cutting screw? Or lastly even a nut and bolt? I tell ya if it aint one thing its another

Thoughts

• Sponsors (?)

This is why i try to thread things in by hand as far as possible. If you cant get the bolt on at least 1/4-1/3 of the way by hand then something is probably wrong.

yeah man I'm usually extra careful with stuff like that and that back bolt is harder to get to and get your hand back there at least with my setup but still I have done it before; just one of them things I hope I can fix it with one of those methods tommorow

As long as it just holds it in place and isnt actually touching liquids then something a little bigger will work.
yeah those bolts just hold the regulator down. It appears the holes on the regulator in which fuel comed thru are the 2 holes which have O rings around. The holes that keeps it bolted down doesnt touch liquid but keep any liquid from leaking out so it must be tightened down ofcourse.

only thing is its the backside hole in which is stripped out some so getting a nut on the underside of it will be a PITA and I might end up taking top intake off to be able to get to it with ease and thats if I use a nut and bolt. Hopefully the hardware store will have a screw with those threads thats at least a 1/4 longer or a lil shorter

Theres nothing else nearby to bolt it down to??

nah on my car, stock fuel rail, with the regulator off its a triangular shaped piece. The regulator mounts to it and is secured to it so no other way with the stock rail to bolt to something else. I found a screw with nut I'm gona see now how it tightens. Trouble is it will be a little tricky from other side where room is limited. I will have to use magnet to aid in process for the other side. The front side is fine

Just bolted that bolt up to that one side and that snugged it down nicely; should do her. Just have to actually put it on the back side though which is stripped. Just wanted to try it out on the easier to get to front side to see how it would work and I think that should work fine.

It sounds like it will work. I've snapped intake bolts. Thats not fun.
yeah i ringed off an intake bolt before and drove for a lil while before fixing. I leaned my lesson with things like that and even though you know better sometimes I guess things just happen. Most things you try and hurry up and do and especially near dark don't go too well if you arent extra extra careful

Reactions: 1 user
I think the idea of drilling through the fuel rail, and using a nut and bolt is the better idea. It will definately be the strongest.

Kurt
actually had a bolt that went right thru and was about the size of the original but just a tad smaller. Put a nut on it and that fixed it