Help!!! wheel spacers and lug studs

lightblade

Aug 7, 2004
well so im driving home from va beach after having turkey with the in-laws, then bam this god awful racheting noise comes from no where, so i pull over and cant find anything visibley wrong(dark out)and im a few miles from home so i take her home and then this morning i find this:
View attachment 496691
View attachment 496693
View attachment 496695
sooo how can i fix this?? can i get a new stud welded on, or do have to replace crap? do i need a better wheel spacer? i have the spacers because otherwise the front tires rub the coilovers. any advice or help greatly appreciated!!!

• Sponsors (?)

You have to remove your rotor and pound out the old stud. I would do all five if it were me. If one has been stressed due to the offset balance of the spacer, they may all have the same stress that you can't see.

I don't like spacers worth a crap. Too dangerous for me.

Yeah you will have to take the caliper/rotor off and have a new one(I also recommend 5 new ones) put in. I run normal studs, but run the H&R spacers that have new studs built into the spacers. less stress on the long studs. I only run them with my 15x3.5 pro Stars though.

:stupid:'s upgrade the lugs

Also get rid of those spacers, there's too much room between the lugs. Look for some tighter fitting holes for the lugs.

Good example:

Wheel-Spacer-&-Hub-Ring2.jpg

if you go to the maximum motorsport site, they recommend running longer ARP studs to compensate for the extra space taken by the drop-in spacer

that's what we did on mine

I've got 1" hubcentrics on the rear...but that's too much for the fronts...and we needed just under 1/2" to clear my front brakes...so running the longer studs seemed like a good plan