Help with Exhaust Question 2 or 3 chamber??

Tampa04GT

Mar 17, 2004
Whats up!... Traded in my 2001 White V-6 got a 04 GT yesterday and im ready to start the mods. So im starting with exhaust ( well really with getting the windows tinted) but, i been doing alot of research and have come down to flowmaster... but I cant decide on a 2 chamber or 3 chamber. I want my GT to roar and im afraid the 3 chamber will be to quiet???

whats your guys comments or does anyone have a 3 chamber mufler?

or should i say forget it and go with a total different system?

sorry if this has already been asked im new here.

Thanks

David

• Sponsors (?)

2 chambers sound great. 1 chambers sound awesome and like a race car type muffler. It sounds so different from both 2 and 3 chambers. Dont get me wrong I like the sound of 2 chambers, but they were not loud enough. I only had them for 1 week and bought my 1 chambers and I did not regret getting them. They sound so awesome and totally different from mustangexhaust.com clips. 3 chambers eeeh, are okay with a o/r h pipe. Welcome aboard

I wish I could tell you what mine are...Anyone know how to identify if mine are 2 or 3 chambers...any help would be appreciated. Mine arent too loud whatever they are and I like em.

Its all a matter of opinion. I have the three chambers on my car. Personally i love them. I wanted a deep throaty sound without being loud. but definetly needed louder than stock the three chambers and h pipe are perfect for my taste. I love em.

Jesus said:
I have 2 chambers and a MAC Pro Chamber mid pipe. In my opinion this is one of the sweetest sounding setups out there. And during normal driving its not "too" loud. But, when you get on it look out.
:stupid:
I had the same set-up o my last stang and I loved it!!! :nice:

I have the 2 chamber here with the stock H. Sounds really good IMO but I do need an H pipe to make them a little louder. Just don't know if I want to go with the MRT off road H, MRT catted H, or the pro-chamber. Get the 2 chamber!!!!

awesome thanks for all the tips... looks like in going to go with a BBK O/R H pipe without cats and the 2 chamber 40 series flows.... should be enough for now.

Do I need to buy mil eliminators?? or should I just got with the O/R H pipe with the cats??

thanks

:nice:

Dave