HELP!!! WRECKED STANG!!!

Fatpolish

Oct 29, 2006
PPPLLEEAAASSSEEE HELP!!!
My wife backed her '98 gt against my new 04 f-150 screw. Her passenger side rear quarter panel is crushed in. I have spent two days browsing the internet looking for this panel. CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you so much for your help

'98 red V6
'98 Blue Gt
'04 f-150 SCREW FX4

• Sponsors (?)

it is welded but can be replaced... try a junkjard or one of the online places and a bodyshop can weld it into place and get you going again... one thing is the side window might shatter depending how much pressure it's pushed in with... and also the inner and outter wheelwells might need replacement... I'd go to a bodyshop and get an estimate because it is quite labour intensive...

Fatpolish said:
PPPLLEEAAASSSEEE HELP!!!
My wife backed her '98 gt against my new 04 f-150 screw. Her passenger side rear quarter panel is crushed in. I have spent two days browsing the internet looking for this panel. CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you so much for your help

'98 red V6
'98 Blue Gt
'04 f-150 SCREW FX4

I had a hit and run on my 96gt this last spring and it crushed in my rear right quarter panel. Cost me $385 to fix I believe at a local bodyshop....
this was the extent of the damage.
006f4f18.jpg

The only thing i'm irked about is that the panel is now blacker than the rest of the car due to 10 years of baking and fading in the sun, so at night it really sticks out (at least in my eyes) how much darker/nicer the panel looks compared to the rest of the car...it has like 3 shades of black now, not kidding.

Attachments

• 006f4f18.jpg
    006f4f18.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 89
wow dustbuster, $385? thats not bad. I had the same thing happen to my rear passenger quaterpanel before the gas lid. Hit and run, less dmg tho - kinda buffed out most of the scratches and its not that bad anymore but it's still there. I should it get quoted.

^^^ yup! and the nice thing was they also did some touchups on little nicks and dings in the door and stuff that weren't even from the hit and run, they just did it out of the goodness of their hearts I guess. The one thing I'm not to happy about besides the fact that it's a lot darker than the rest of the car is the fact that the overspray is kind of noticible on the edges of the body panel, but my camera is crappy so I doubt I could get a good pic of it. You can definitely see freckles though from where the clear tapers off and also a spot where they didn't buff out the wet sanding very well and my PorterCable can't get it out either...otherwise I can't really complain.

well... this was the extent of my damage and insurance gave the bodyshop $9900 to fix it... I hope your's is alot less damage then that cause if I wasn't good friends with the owner of the bodyshop it would have been written off (he got an appraiser to get the value of the car raised so it was under the limit). They did do a full paint job, new rear bumper, side skirts, side pillar, inner and outter wheelwells, new rim, pulled the pinchweld out, and got me a cobra hood for really, really cheap for that though. So I was happy. I needed some new paint anyways...
View attachment 428154