Help

ElectricTang

Founding Member
May 4, 2002
Roanoke,VA
I just got my car back 2 weeks from the body shop after having the front bumper and hood repainted because of rock chips and what not. Anywho what i need help with is on my wheels there is like a haze in areas that feels like a very low grit sandpaper, is the only way i can explain it. It really doesnt feel like sandpaper its just not smooth like the rest of the wheel. Im not sure what its from or what caused it while it was being painted. The wheels are 01 Cobras with a clearcoat. I just need to know how to get this stuff off. Ive tried bug and tar remover and clay bar but not with much force or time. Any help Id appreciate.

• Sponsors (?)

Na its not the clearcoat coming off, the wheels are nearly new. They are waxed every couple weeks and and dont see salt during the winter cause i dont drive the stang in the snow. I guess its maybe overspray but it doesnt feel like overspray. Its smooth in feeling and is hazy. When I rub it with my fingers it sounds like im sanding something. They was the same type of haze on a small part of the passenger side window so like i say i know its not the clearcoat coming off.