Help

NJBILLT

Apr 22, 2002
NEPTUNE,NJ
I have done a search on the forum and on the internet in general. This has been talked about a million times but here goes. I had a new Cobra clutch installed about 5k miles ago. I started to get the throwout bearing squeal when the clutch was was engaged (pedal up). Like everyone else just touching the pedal would stop the noise. It appears that the bearing had a small air gap between it and the pressure plate. This wold cause the bearing to barely touch the fingers on the plate, so thats where the squek came from. I installed a UPR quadrant and firwall adjuster to see if this will help. I put the cable on the middle hook of the quadrant. When I went to adjust the cable I had to turn the adjuster almost all the way out. The BIG questions are
1) Is the throw bearing supposed to have any kind of pressure on the pressure plate?
2) Should there be an air gap between the bearing and pressure plate?
3) The fact that I have to adjust the fire wall adjuster almost all the way out,
does that mean I need to get a new cable?
4) I understand that if I need a new cable, I should get the ford one. But this cable is $167, is this the only cable that I can use?
Sorry for the long message.

• Sponsors (?)