Hey got a suspension question

Bagginzfox

Apr 8, 2008
I own a 81 Mercury Capri RS and i looking to up grade the suspension and i was goin to start with the struts and springs. what would the best setup for that car. i dont want it to be slammed but alittle lower than stock. Maybe like just a 1inch drop tops. and make the front and rear at a even stance??

• Sponsors (?)

oops sorry about the big letters. have been to a couple site asking for a little help and i get nothing. so my brother sent me here. just a street car with sick handling. but i dont want a coilover kit i dont like the ride. also i planing on doin front and rear sway bar and full size sub frame connectors.

H&R super sports for a 1.8' drop will look bad@$$ & handle pretty good, but if u want less of a drop H&R sports will lower the car about 1.2" & handle good as well...

As far as struts/ shocks, Bilsteins hands down if u have the budget, but if your budget is limited, some Tokico blues will do.... U also will want to consider a set of Maximum motorsports caster/camber plates to get the alignment back into spec after the drop....

BTW, u should put the size of your text back to normal or the mods might get on ya....

I agree with the HR springs and the Bilsteins if you got the dough. Call Maximum Motorsports. Tell them what you're looking for and they will tell you exactly what you need. Smart fella's over there. I'm assuming their stuff fits on a Capri. :shrug:

After the springs, shocks, caster/camber plates, and frame connectors, you might want to consider the next few upgrades...

panhard bar, strut tower braces, lower control arms, torque arm bar.

I'm converting an 82 GT to five lug at my shop right now. I'm installing the Ford Racing M-2300-K Brake kit. I'm also fitting the car with Eibach's pro-kit springs and sway bar kit. I also installed KONI red's in it. I think it will be a pretty stout combo.