HID on ebay?

• Sponsors (?)

na man.... check this site... www.xenonworx.com I bought a full HaloProjector HID kit from him and its the ****...he makes his own product and his work is A+ he too has stuff on ebay but def. check the site dont buy that cheap ass knock off stuff with HIDs on a stock kinda bulb size not to mention you dont know what will happen with your stock housing...a few stangs ive heard had them melt with bad kits

zipz said:
Im thinking about buying these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/9007...2QQihZ008QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would they be good to use in my car or are they cheap because they are only 70 dollars as opposed to 200+ on other sites. What am i missing? :p
Thanks!

They are not true HID bulbs, they are high-wattage lookalike HID halogen bulbs as per the eBay item description. If they are powered directly from the battery via the relays, and do not use your stock headlight circuit for any purpose other than operating those relays, you may be able to use them. Downside is 140 watt bulbs will run considerably hotter than stock, and may melt your headlight assembly lenses. If they are not powered directly from the battery, but instead are powered directly through your stock harness, your headlight connector and/or switch connectors may melt.

Not worth the risk in my opinion to save $130.

140W halogen bulbs = get pulled over every 10 minutes. :lock:

Those kits probably state "for off-road or show use only", and that would be good advice. Regular high beams are only 55W, so 140W is going to blind people, attract cops, and melt your headlight housings. Stick with the true HID kits if you want to upgrade.

...or just get the Silverstars. I run them, and they look great! :nice: