HID Pics on my stang

derek02gt

Dec 25, 2003
for those of you considering HID and want to know what color temp to get, here are some pics of my ride with 8000k's installed. oem bosch ballast( same ones that come on benz's) and some 9007 hid's. Fit just like stock with all stock hardware.( the round black piece)

These are just some shots at dusk, will take night one's or in the car if needed. But my whole windshield is tinted 25% so it'll be a illusion:)

Attachments

• hid8k.jpg
    hid8k.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 266
  • hid8kb.jpg
    hid8kb.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 221
  • Sponsors (?)

stangless I bought these bulbs http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-...ryZ36476QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Which fit beautiful and the guy has 100% feedback. its a actual 9007 housing. and I used OEM ballasts..now for the oem ballast my friend works at the benz dealer and gave me some ballast out of a wrecked s500 for 50 bux..but I see them going on ebay for about 100...so your looking at $250, but the seller usually sells it at $128 buy it now so ask him if he'll sell at 128 and that you got referred on a forum. but I hear the kits from "timdrivers" are on ebay are excellent. My sister's bf has a 01 cobra and got this exact kit. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/8000...ewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQitemZ8001372142QQrdZ1, I have yet to seen his, but he has seen mine and told me installation was simple and it looks like mine. So i'll take his word on it.

well I dont have fogs because of the front bumper but I think your fog light size is 889, im 95% sure on that one. Pictures of the cutoff? what do you mean? the underhood installation? or inside the car beam length?

derek02gt said:
well I dont have fogs because of the front bumper but I think your fog light size is 889, im 95% sure on that one. Pictures of the cutoff? what do you mean? the underhood installation? or inside the car beam length?

Looks great derek02gt.

The fog light bulbs are 899. Here's mine with 8300K HID headlights and fog lights.

100_0551.JPG

100_0552.JPG

I want to see pics of actual light pattern in front, but if your windows are tinted take pic from outside :)

Cornholio: can you do the same? I'd like to see the difference the fogs make on/off...thanks guys.

git-it-83 said:
:nice:
At least there are no Alteeza's.

how would having Hid's compare to alteeza's? are our cars to shi*ty to have nice lighting like bently,benz,audi,bmw,and lexus? and now the new saleens and rousch's have them from the factory. Should we continue to use our ugly as hell halogen lighting?

derek02gt said:
how would having Hid's compare to alteeza's? are our cars to shi*ty to have nice lighting like bently,benz,audi,bmw,and lexus? and now the new saleens and rousch's have them from the factory. Should we continue to use our ugly as hell halogen lighting?

Give Me TP said:
Actually there are, but Alteezas have nothing to do with HIDs.
Alteeza Tail Lights Rule!!! I know, I have them, I am rice!!!

I was flippin' some :bs: gents. To each his own, as the payment book is proof! :nice: