hood latch

tim_one82

Mar 4, 2006
hey whats up guys. So i just got this 00' mustang and i took it to inspection. It didnt pass because i had hood pins and they said i needed to have a hood latch. Well the previous owner thought it was a great idea to take off the hood latch and i never got it from him. No junkyards in my area have newer mustangs, so im kinda stuck. So if anyone can tell me where to get a hood latch and cable that would be great. I heard also that a taurus latch would work, but i didnt know if that was true. thanks- Tim

• Sponsors (?)

STNG_96 said:
You should be able to use one out of any mustang all the way back to 94, no junk yards have one that new?

well not 100% true, the latch for 1999 up is different than 1998 back. now the rest of the parts. ie: support, brkt and release cable wth handle is the same form 1994 to 2004 and NO a Taraus is different.

RandyStinchcomb said:
well not 100% true, the latch for 1999 up is different than 1998 back. now the rest of the parts. ie: support, brkt and release cable wth handle is the same form 1994 to 2004 and NO a Taraus is different.

I was just about to say, order from him!!!! :nice: