Hood Pins..

95opal

5 Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
Well for my own piece of mind I istalled my hood pins this week. I know alot of you guys dont like them but I have my reasons. After freaking out over the holes I drilled in my nice hood, I settled down once I saw how they looked. Beleave me Ive been tossing this around in my head all winter but now that there finally in, Im diggin them. What do you think? Heres some pics of them.

View attachment 327853
View attachment 327854
View attachment 327855
View attachment 327856
View attachment 327857
View attachment 327858
View attachment 327859
View attachment 327860
View attachment 327861

• Sponsors (?)

Rich, could they have been installed with a smaller washer under the lock on the top of the hood? I think they look good, but if that washer was smaller I think it'd look a little better. These are the same style hood pins that I want to run as i don't want the traditional "pins."

Paul...... The plates that the locks are on come with the kit and have a special slot for the lock to sit in along with a gasket. You also get a plate for the under side of the hood to secure the lock.

Chythar.....No i didnt remove the stock latch these locks were added for safety and piece of mind.

earleys94gt.... Funny thing is that lift has been sitting off to the side of my garage for the past year or so. I just got it all set up with in the last month and yeah it is nice to have. BTW thanks for the compliments.

StadEMS3.....The locks have a key to them and the hood is a saleen heat extractor from abcexlusive.

I have never really seen hood pins on a 94-98...never really looked for them either...

I have never seen pins like that before? From what it looks like, there is a rotor of some kind in the hood mount part that spins to lock into the stud? Do you get some kind of key to turn the rotor to unlock it?

Looks good. I think the opal color actually hides them a little.

You bastard! I wish I could get my car out!

Well it was a nice little treat to take it out today, even if it was only for a short blast. Remember you drove yours longer than I did last year so a little head start for me= the last part of fall for you. haha.... Plus you dam well know your car is blocked in by monds of SNOW.:(

Dont worry that was just a little taste for me, shes back on the lift awaiting the rest of the nitrous goodies.

Tom... since your online now here is a pic of the mototr after i polished the master cylinder. Dont look at the piece of dust on my dizzy. lol

View attachment 327779

My body shop guy has a set of hood pins like I've never seen before. They were suppose to get me a set like on his car but ordered normal pins and then never put them on anyway. I'm really considering after the engine swap having a set installed. I'll have to see if I can have him get me a pic of them.

Looks good Rich. I think you need to leave the car alone a few days and clean your garage