Hood Pins..

• Sponsors (?)

My body shop guy has a set of hood pins like I've never seen before. They were suppose to get me a set like on his car but ordered normal pins and then never put them on anyway. I'm really considering after the engine swap having a set installed. I'll have to see if I can have him get me a pic of them.

Looks good Rich. I think you need to leave the car alone a few days and clean your garage

Jinx..... Thats funny you point that out as Tom mentioned that to me also. Problem is with the warm weather approaching I only have about 2 weeks left to mess with the car, then its back to work and mod season is over.

So I have been trying to hammer everything out. I figure I can clean the shop at my leisure later on, its not like having the car apart during show season. That would not work.

BTW are you heading out to Carlisle?

just giving ya **** man. I hope to get up there 1 day. I know the car won't be no where near done so it will be like the past few years just coming up and walking around. Maybe I'll be able to chill out with all you guys for a while.

i've been running those same pins for over a year now and am very happy with them. they're very clean and have held up extremely well, especially since my hood doesn't latch (though the safety hook does catch).

Cool, so they use a vending type key.

Nice price too for the sleak look and piece of mind.

I actually picked up a set after reading this thread. They look nice, and since I cut out the underside of my hood to clear my trickflow intake Ive noticed my hood seems a little more flexible. Last thing I need is the hood flexing and coming up while Im on the interstate. :(

Look good I was going to install those but read about 6 horror stories with them, as in hoods flying up? It also happened to my buddy with the stock latch, just make sure you latch the stocker ppl tend to forget and those wont hold the hood. Good luck dude id hate that to happen to you.

Look good I was going to install those but read about 6 horror stories with them, as in hoods flying up? It also happened to my buddy with the stock latch, just make sure you latch the stocker ppl tend to forget and those wont hold the hood. Good luck dude id hate that to happen to you.

Sorry to hijack, but how dont they hold the hood in the case of a stock latch failing? Did they both break clean off or what? I guess I thought they would help eliminate flex, and when coupled with the stock latch pretty much completely rule out the hood coming up on its own...

I cant see how you couldnt latch the stocker before locking the pins. In order to lock the pins the hood needs to be completely closed thus latching the stock mechanism. After I installed them and locked them up, I popped the stock latch to see if it would budge and it wouldnt even unlatch the stocker after pulling the mechanism.

I wouldnt run just the pins to secure the hood. But with the stock latch and pins locked there is no doubt in my mind that the hood will never come up.

I can also see problems if they are incorrectlry installed wich possibly could be the issue with the few peeps you mentioned.:shrug:

Well for my own piece of mind I istalled my hood pins this week. I know alot of you guys dont like them but I have my reasons. After freaking out over the holes I drilled in my nice hood, I settled down once I saw how they looked. Beleave me Ive been tossing this around in my head all winter but now that there finally in, Im diggin them. What do you think? Heres some pics of them.

Looks great, I think anyone that runs an aftermarket hood should run hoodpins. I've seen a hood come up at the track at 100+ mph and that was enough to sell me on it.

Car looks fantastic!

Adam

I dont know im just saying the results I found when researching hood pins, its usually the cause of people locking the pins but not the latch properly. there not very strong pins. im just saying make sure your hood is latched properly because if it isnt chances are it will fly up.

I dont know im just saying the results I found when researching hood pins, its usually the cause of people locking the pins but not the latch properly. there not very strong pins. im just saying make sure your hood is latched properly because if it isnt chances are it will fly up.

Now that I have mine installed, I can see where youre coming from. With my hood popped, They allow a slight bit of movement that might be enough to vibrate to the point of breaking with high speed winds. With my hood latched though, and then the pins locked on top of it, it doesnt move the slightest bit. :nice: That was what I was going for, as my stock latch is still functional. My pins dont look quite as inconspicuous as 95opal's on my sapphire blue...