Hood won't line up!!!

I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem before but what ever hood I put on my Lx it always slides to one side. For instance I just bought a brand new Kaenen 4" hood (great hood btw) and when I went to install it, it did the same thing as my previous hood. It will leave a 1/2" gap toward the back passenger side, and is almost on top of the drivers side fender.

My 1st hood was a cervini's Cobra R and it was fine, I than put a 4" cowl (not sure of the brand) and it started doing it. Everything lined up great when I didn't attatch the hood hignes and I just layed the Kaenen on top.

Any Ideas??? the car was never hit so that's why I'm thinking it had to be the hood hinges..I tried adjusting it 1 million times, it's driving me nuts...

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I know it made a difference when I had my hinges on the wrong side. When they were switched the right side of the hood would stick up and I couldn't get it to line up. Then, I switched the hinges and my problam was gone.:nice:

Like already mentioned...get you gaps right without the latch in place, then go to the latch set-up...I would lean more towards the latching mechanism since you have had a hood that was fine on it, then switched hoods and thats when the problems started. As you are lowering the hood is it moving to one side, or is it moving as it latches? If its as it latches, its in the latching assembly. If it moving as you lower it, it is probably the hinges. I have even seen some hoods that had to have the bottom of the rod that attaches to the latch drilled out (under the car) just to get them to allow enough travel. All hoods are not created equal.