Hood

• Sponsors (?)

from my own personal experience design concepts and cervinis have been the best to deal with, both sell very high quality parts, less prep work and they bolt right in. Other companies quality aren't as good. Remember in the autobody world you pay for quality, you can't compare a $300 macco paint job to a custom 5K ones done by a pro.

I'd go design concepts or cervinis

I have bought from this company ONCE. Will never do business with again. I bought a "street heat" Cowl like the one linked below. It took them 29 days to get it to me. The cowl arrived wraped in a thin piece of cardboard only. It was absolutely the worst packaging for a fiberglass piece that I have ever saw. It had a chip out of it that I had repaired by the body shop. Was told that I should have bought shipping insurance. When I explained that UPS insures the item for free if its less than $100.00, I was told that I should file a claim with UPS. I told them that the lousy packaging was what caused the damage, and I didn't feel right charging UPS for his negligence. After I had it painted and bolted it on, I discovered that I couldn't open my Ram Air hood. Check out the picture in the link, it clearly shows a hood that looks like a Ram Air hood. When I tried to open my hood, the hood would hit the cowl panel and the hood could only be opened about a foot before they made contact. I emailed the guy about his return policy and he expected me to pay to have it shipped back. When i asked how he opened the hood in the picture, he said that the hood in the picture was a pin-on hood not a hinged hood. When I told him that I didn't think I should have to pay return shipping fees, he told me to call him so we could discuss it, but he has no toll-free number and expected me to pay the long distance bill. I offered to let him call my toll free number at work but he never has. THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL RIP-OFF. Look at a CERVINIV's hood. I have had one for two years, It arrived flawless and was a perfect fit right out of the box.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33646&item=2456094219

ReefBlue93 said:
I have bought from this company ONCE. Will never do business with again. I bought a "street heat" Cowl like the one linked below. It took them 29 days to get it to me. The cowl arrived wraped in a thin piece of cardboard only. It was absolutely the worst packaging for a fiberglass piece that I have ever saw. It had a chip out of it that I had repaired by the body shop. Was told that I should have bought shipping insurance. When I explained that UPS insures the item for free if its less than $100.00, I was told that I should file a claim with UPS. I told them that the lousy packaging was what caused the damage, and I didn't feel right charging UPS for his negligence. After I had it painted and bolted it on, I discovered that I couldn't open my Ram Air hood. Check out the picture in the link, it clearly shows a hood that looks like a Ram Air hood. When I tried to open my hood, the hood would hit the cowl panel and the hood could only be opened about a foot before they made contact. I emailed the guy about his return policy and he expected me to pay to have it shipped back. When i asked how he opened the hood in the picture, he said that the hood in the picture was a pin-on hood not a hinged hood. When I told him that I didn't think I should have to pay return shipping fees, he told me to call him so we could discuss it, but he has no toll-free number and expected me to pay the long distance bill. I offered to let him call my toll free number at work but he never has. THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL RIP-OFF. Look at a CERVINIV's hood. I have had one for two years, It arrived flawless and was a perfect fit right out of the box.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33646&item=2456094219

I have been saving up for the Cervinis 1.5'' Ram Air Hood, and I see in your avatar that that is the hood, or it is a Stormin' Norman. I have really been saving up ($5.65 an hour really SUCKS :mad: ) and I was wondering how you really feel about the hood. I heard there is no saftly latch, and that the kit to make the hood functional won't clear the intake. I read the reviews on StangNet here :D

_JB_ said:
I have been saving up for the Cervinis 1.5'' Ram Air Hood, and I see in your avatar that that is the hood, or it is a Stormin' Norman. I have really been saving up ($5.65 an hour really SUCKS :mad: ) and I was wondering how you really feel about the hood. I heard there is no saftly latch, and that the kit to make the hood functional won't clear the intake. I read the reviews on StangNet here :D

biggest problem is rain with those things, but most have some sort of water drain method.

The one in my avatar is the stormin norman hood, I have no problems with rain at all. The water that does get inside the engine compartment is a very small amount. I did not buy the ram air kit that goes under the hood. The hood looks flawless. the underside is finished and looks as good as the outside. I have a cobra intake with a one onch spacer and I needed the stormin normans extra clearance. I highly recommend Cervinis. The hood worked with the original latch and safety catch. I accidently left the hood opened one day and was running ahout 45 before I noticed it, The safety worked perfect and the hood was not damaged at all.

biggest problem is rain with those things, but most have some sort of water drain method.
As long as water doesn't go past the air filter, nothing will happen right? Some water running into the engine compartment won't destroy anything mechanical...right? :shrug:
The one in my avatar is the stormin norman hood, I have no problems with rain at all. The water that does get inside the engine compartment is a very small amount. I did not buy the ram air kit that goes under the hood. The hood looks flawless. the underside is finished and looks as good as the outside. I have a cobra intake with a one onch spacer and I needed the stormin normans extra clearance. I highly recommend Cervinis. The hood worked with the original latch and safety catch. I accidently left the hood opened one day and was running ahout 45 before I noticed it, The safety worked perfect and the hood was not damaged at all.

Alright, that's good to hear! I was afraid the damn hood would be ripped off the first time I would go on the highway lol.

_JB_ said:
As long as water doesn't go past the air filter, nothing will happen right? Some water running into the engine compartment won't destroy anything mechanical...right? :shrug:

Alright, that's good to hear! I was afraid the damn hood would be ripped off the first time I would go on the highway lol.
I have NEVER had a problem with water or bugs or leaves. I have driven in the pouring rain and the water tends to flow around the openings because of the ridges leading up to the openings :nice:

When driving with a fiberglass hood, does the hood shake or rock back and forth even though it is latched tight? I have a friend that has a fiberglass cowl hood and he had to get hood pins because it rocked so much. His car has been wrecked twice, and I wasn't sure if that is the cause of this or not.

I got my Cobra R hood made my Cervini on eBay for $300 all primed in black ready to go on my black stang. I had a problem with the hinge not working too good and called Cervini and told them where I bought it but that it had their name on it. They told me how to shim up the hood and adjust it and now it works perfectly and does not leak at all during last rain storm and fits as well as stock hood ever did. The inside is well finished and even the hood release works almost as solidly as stock. I love mine and think Cervini is first rate for CS too!! I will never buy any other hood no matter how cheap they sell them.

My hood fit perfectly the first time, latches securely and does not move or shake at all. I do not have hood pins, never saw a reason to use them. The Cervinis is no different than a stock hood, I think its all in how you install them. If you are looking for a set of gears I think I have an extra set of 3.73's that i would sell you. I bought them but never installed them. If you are interested I will have to go to my parents garage and make sure I stll have them. I had planned on using them, but had stang in shop having new axles installed and the shop offered to install a set of 3.73's for a super low price, so I ended up letting the shop install a set of richmond gears. Since they had the rear cover off, it was too good of a deal.

ReefBlue93 said:
My hood fit perfectly the first time, latches securely and does not move or shake at all. I do not have hood pins, never saw a reason to use them. The Cervinis is no different than a stock hood, I think its all in how you install them.

Agree. I have a cobra r from cervinis on my 92. Perfect fit and no shaking at high speeds. No hood pins needed either. Well worth the money. Very nice underside as well. :nice: