Horn contacts busted, can't locate!!!!

tinfixer

Aug 27, 2006
Northern, VA
I have been doing some horn work, and finally got it to work. But in the process I busted one of the little contacts that are mounted on the insulators. These are little short pieces with a raised bump, that a screw goes through. I am almost at the point where I will make my own with some sheetmetal. Anyone know where I can find these?????:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

65 Horn contact

I don't have any pics. But if you remove the actual part you push to make the horn sound(you push it it then turn about 10 degrees counter clockwise, it then pops off). You see two contacts at the bottom about 5 and 7 oclock position. They are mounted on a plastic insulator. These are the contacts I need. They are the ground and the piece that pops up at 12 oclock is power. I am so pissed off at the horn right now I have put it on the back burner. Here is what I have seen. There are some screws that hold the contact rings(back side of the steering wheel). These rings are supposed to make contact with the positve and negative contacts on the column. What I have had to do is loosen the screws that hold these rings so the rings will contact the springs on the inside. I have monkeyed around with this horn for a while now. Sometimes the horn works sometimes in doesn't. I have read on this forum about installing a relay. I think I might do this. I am about to embark on my clutch, so my horn will wait.:bang: