Horrible 05 GT problems....

twenty8eight

Founding Member
Jun 25, 2002
SO, my 05 GT has a whopping 13,028 miles on it, and it's sitting outside my local Ford dealer this 4th of July...(After being towed there at 1am)

Last night, driving home, I pulled into a gas station and noticed I couldnt downshift....it just wouldnt go into 2nd...

So I coast past the pumps, and into an adjacent parking lot....With the car running, it just will not go into gear...

If I shut the car off, I can freely move the car into gear, but as soon as I start the engine, the whole car starts shaking really bad and making a horrible noise, so I turn it off immediately....

The clutch is now very stiff, and doesnt seem to be engaging at all, as if the car is in gear and I try to start it, the car jerks as if I was trying to start it without pressing in the clutch pedal....

I am SO bummed now, This is the first "new" car I have ever owned, and was hoping that owning a new car would mean not being stranded due to car problems....

Now all I have to drive is my motorcycle, and the forecast calls for rain the rest of the week...what a week....

On a good note, the Ford Roadside assistance program came in handy...the rep on the phone was really nice, and they had a tow truck dispatched within 45 minutes....

So just by that description, has anyone else with an 05 had this or similar issues? If so, was it clutch, tranny, ????

I'll post what the service dept says when they open up tomorrow...

:(

• Sponsors (?)

RE:

I hear ya...

But honestly...I never dump the clutch...I have 20inch low profile tires on the car, and am so worried about the cost of replacing them, that the tires have only been chirped 2 or 3 times...The tires were more than the damn chrome rims....

RE:

Thanks...

Man I must say reading that makes me nervous...
I dont have the mods he has, just a tri-ax shifter....but still....

I really hope this process goes smoothly, they cover it, and I get my car back soon...

Update...

Not fixed yet...

The service rep is being really great though...I'll be sure to give positive feedback on him when this is all done...

He gave me a rental the entire length of time they are working on the car...
He says I shouldnt have anything to worry about as far as it being covered as warranty work...

Supposedly they were waiting on approval from Ford to tear the transmission down to look for further damage...at this point they know it's at the minimum the pressure plate...They got the approval Friday, and will tear it all down Monday..

I'll post more as I learn more...

RE:

Picked the car up today...

They replaced the clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing...

Said a spring came loose inside the clutch and tore everything up...

(Same exact issue I read about here on Stangnet)

Seems to drive and shift OK, but something just doesnt sound right...
For some reason, it seems like I am hearing a lot of road noise...from the shifter area....sounds crazy, but I can tell something is differant...I may pull the boot off the shifter tomorrow and see if the little rubber seperator is off or missing or something...

I have to say, Mike Davidson's service dept was really good...I didnt purchase the ESP, but they gave me a rental car for the entire time they had the car...Also, there was never any question as to whether or not it would be covered like I read about other people having...

Just glad to have my car back...