How 2 remove Dealership writing?

lover

Founding Member
Oct 8, 2001
Atlanta, GA
What did you guys use to remove that dealership sticker that says where you bought the car from, off of your trunk? I have a black 02 and the dealership sticker is white. Also I want to remove the Blue Oval and GT badges from the back. Does this mess up the paint? It seems like if you take them off, it would leave some type of mark on the paint....Thx

• Sponsors (?)

heat gun....carefully.....1st mod to both of my 2004 vehicles after purchase.

goo gone will get residue off it it's a badge, but rinse well with soapy water.

yours is an '02 and the year is mid '05.......you'll likely have paint fade that shows the lettering after you remove it = yucko

lover said:
What did you guys use to remove that dealership sticker that says where you bought the car from, off of your trunk? I have a black 02 and the dealership sticker is white. Also I want to remove the Blue Oval and GT badges from the back. Does this mess up the paint? It seems like if you take them off, it would leave some type of mark on the paint....Thx
A blow dryer to heat it up and it peeled right off. Then if there was glue residue, I just waxed it off. Some say the glue used will require "glue be gone" or some other remover to get it off but for me it was not required. The blue oval has a pin locating it so if you take it off there is a hole, I don't know about the GT though.

All of the above are very good ideas. I used regular rubbing alcohol to remove residue on mine. Now part of the graphics on the side of the car I used acetone followed by alcohol followed by a wash and rewax of the area.

propellerhead said:
Use dental floss on the badges to cut through the double sided tape. Goo-gone takes a lot of work. Autozone/Pepboys/etc has sticker remover.

Or monofilament fishin' line on the badges. The blue oval has two holes beneath it. WD-40 removes the residue without harming the paint, followed by rubbing alcohol.

Logos removal

To remove the Blue Oval and GT emblems spray the double side tape with WD40, let it soak for about 2-3 minutes and use fishing line (stronger) instead of dental floss in a up and down motion to cut through the tape :cheers:

Drove my car out of the garage and let it sit in the sun half a day. Took a credit card and scraped it off.

DO NOT USE RAZOR BLADES ON YOUR CAR.

You can try dental floss as well, but I just used a credit card

When I picked mine up many moons ago, there was the dealers chrome sticker on the back, I disgustedly told the guy I didn't want it on, he walked over, gave it a quick yank, my heart hit the floor, but he must have just put it on, because no paint pulled off, and no sticker residue was there. I of course do not recomend doing this unless it was stuck on for less than 1 day. (My car had came off the truck while I was there and they took it around back for the test drive...and apparently the sticker job)

For both the dealer sticker and the GT emblem, soak em both with goo-gone, then, for the GT emblem, use dental floss or fishing line (I'd also suggest a pair of gloves, as the floss or line will choke your fingers pretty damn good!) and basically saw it off, working the line back and forth. Then use some more goo-gone to remove any additional goo.
For any stubborn goo and for the dealer sticker, goo-gone and "PLASTIC" razor blades...most auto parts stores have em. Either those or the corner of a credit card and gently scrape it off.
Mine left slight sunburn tanlines (where only I could barely tell where it was), but now even I can't see it.
Damn shame you can't remove the Ford emblem without leaving holes...that's what I wanted to do next. I'm going for the blacked out look with www.FordPower.net tail light covers, tinted 3rd brake light, 3% tint all around, smoked license plate cover with black frame, black license plate bolt covers, etc. Off the suject a bit, has anyone painted their tailpipes black (and had it last for some time)? Black is beautiful!

Thanks alot guys. I'll try it this weekend. Oh yeah, I have the black tailight tint from fordnet.com. I wanted that all black look also. The tints make the car look great. I would recommend them for any color car. They tone down the loud red tail lights tremendously. I don't think the ones that they sell now are as dark as the ones they sold before, but they look all the same. A white car with them on, looks killer. My girl has a white 04GT and she wants some on hers once she saw mine... Now, if I could only tone down those bright ass yellow head light markers. :D

lover said:
Thanks alot guys. I'll try it this weekend. Oh yeah, I have the black tailight tint from fordnet.com. I wanted that all black look also. The tints make the car look great. I would recommend them for any color car. They tone down the loud red tail lights tremendously. I don't think the ones that they sell now are as dark as the ones they sold before, but they look all the same. A white car with them on, looks killer. My girl has a white 04GT and she wants some on hers once she saw mine... Now, if I could only tone down those bright ass yellow head light markers. :D

Pics? of the tail lights, toned down??