How do I put 425 ponies to the rear wheels?

aggiemachfive

Jun 13, 2006
Howdy out there in Mustangland. My goal is to have this accomplished within 2 years w/o a supercharger or turbo. What suggestions do you all have? Should I rebuild or go with a crate motor? I currently have 108,000 miles and put on 25k miles a year (I live in Houston). :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

yea but he asked if he should get a crate engine...apparently you either have a: lots of mony and dont know what to do with it or b: ur not aware of how expensive an engine with that capability costs..

just get a chevy 572 and be done with it :rolleyes:

aggiemachfive said:
Howdy out there in Mustangland. My goal is to have this accomplished within 2 years w/o a supercharger or turbo. What suggestions do you all have? Should I rebuild or go with a crate motor? I currently have 108,000 miles and put on 25k miles a year (I live in Houston). :flag:

5.4L 3V bored and stroked to 6.0L, 10.5:1 compression, 3V heads ported and polished with valves and aggressive cams, and a custom intake.

aggiemachfive said:
...what are some companies that make this setup?

$ean Hyland is the only one i know of that works with the 6.0L blocks. good luck with that. VT engines may be able to help. as far as the heads, MPH should have some ported 3V heads by now. comp cams should have some cams. as far as i know, noone has made this setup. it's all theoretical at this point, but i see no reason why it couldn't make 425-475rwhp N/A with a good tune and still be streetable. it will cost a ton of money tho.